• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

IH Payloader 515

Flat Thunder Channel

I saw a unit for sale with a broken rear axle. Does anyone have any incite on how readily available parts are for these old rigs?

Does anyone know how the axle is retained in the inner planetary gear set?

Does anyone have an idea on the value of a broken unit; running and functional less a missing axle ie it's a three wheeler.

Flat Thunder Channel

Don’t completely take my word for it, but if the axle shaft is what you are looking for then I think this is it. 1111801c2. The axle is retained by a center bolt. You have to take the entire axle housing off to access it. Here is a video all about it.

This is a great video! I watched it previously and it identified all the major components. Though I didn't catch how the axle shafts are retained in the axle housing. I didn't see a flange at the ends, but maybe it was hidden. C clip inside at planetary gear set??

Flat Thunder Channel

I passed on this opportunity. The difficulty of part availability combined with the price tag talked me out of it. It could have been fun though!

Osama hasan

Dresta company is the successor of IH , dresser and Komatsu Dresser they could have what you look for .