• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

IH 2400 backhoe/loader

notaducati

Man, I am stuck and I wondered if you could help. I've been working on my I2400-A and it's driving me nuts. Swing of boom on hoe was exceedingly slow. I removed hydraulic filter on left side and it obviously needed to be changed. Changed it out.... now no power steering and no swing of boom at all. I was hoping you might have some advice and/or be able to point me in the right direction. I cant find a manual for this beast anywhere. I see that it has two hydraulic pumps and two filters, and that the hydraulics for the boom swing are linked to the power steering....which no longer works...
I would be MOST grateful for any help.

DirtIsMyName

Some of those machines had a diverter valve that switched hydraulic flow for some of the backhoe functions. Maybe from steering to swing. I was hoping someone else would answer. Maybe someone will see this.

I'm surprised the workshop manual pirates on eBay don't sell this manual. Did you check with any of them?

notaducati

Hello, "oldone"! I've got a 2400A and I lost the power steering and ability to swing the boom.... I have discovered the dual hydraulic systems, but cannot figure out what is causing the problem. I would love to get some advice or copy of relevant page from manual, if you have the time.
Thanks,
Jon

Chris68

I have a 2412D-B I think its a 1974 brought it back from camp to do repairs to the swing and steering had changed the filter and fluid and still swings slow when it gets hot. Its cold up here in Sudbury, and I fired it up to bring it into the shop, I let it warm up for 40 mins and when I retracted the legs I heard a large "pop" noise and now my drive doesnt work. No forward or reverse, was able to limp it into the shop in low range and in 1st. I let it thaw out over night and now thats its warm, 15 degrees celcius I have zeero drive now. I checked both filters have some small particles on the right side canister, the left side is clean. While the left side was off, I suspected no flow for the swing on the boom and steering. left the filter cover off and I have no flow. Is there a pump on the left side that can be removed by taking off the multi control valve? As for the drive i dont know what is going on. Can anybody help please...Thanks Chris

danielm

I'm incline to remove the backhoe and try to make this one a three point, pto machine. Can anyone tell me if the AG 454 parts would swap? If so, what all will I need?

sheepfoot

The issue is it can be done, but you have to have the upper rear axle rocker shaft housing and linkage arms. It would be a big job if you didn't have the pto and housing, some came made to set the hoe off and have the three point links reinstalled but most people just took the boom off and left the swing tower and backhoe stabs for rear weight and left it as a skip loader. The big issue was the rack and shaft for the swing on the backhoe, the cost to repair them in the 70/80's was way up there and most did not want to put that kind of money in them. Are you having issues with the backhoe? or just wanting something new.

jrc55

I have service manuals for my 2400a if anyone needs info I can scan pages of it and post them for all.

It seems there are very few manuals floating around for these old tractors.

I just can't seem to find the right filter for the right side pump cannister..:usa

New member here and I just found the site. I have a 1965 2400 SeriesA and would love to have an owners manual. I don't use it everyday just to dig a hole or to move some dirt around the property. Thanks in advance, Joe.

WildBillAZ

I am recently retired and bought a I2400 Industrial International Harvester Tractor. Awesome machine! However I am having trouble locating anyone that has manuals or even pics of the fill tubes for hydraulic fluid. Where are the major points of interest? What issues have you had with yours? I found this site by chance and noticed that many of the posts are years old, but and hopeful that I can find some help rebuilding and keeping this old girl running. Thanks in advance!

MoparV10

Looking for wiring Diagram for 2400A ignition and starting system or I am interested in a service manual download or hard copy.

tubalcain

IH 2400 Bleeding Fule Lines and Injector Pump Rebuuild.

Looking for some guidance in the form of step by step instructions on bleeding the fuel system of my IH 2400A. I inherited this from my dad who passed away in 2014. Before he passed away I remember him saying that the fuel injector pump needed to be rebuilt because of a leak but it would still run. I took to feeder line loose going into the injector pump but it was bone dry and no fuel flowed out at all. So I'm assuming I've got to start back at the tank and get fuel flowing up to the injector first. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I think it runs otherwise as he used it just a few days before. I'm also soliciting sources to have the injector pump rebuilt. I'm in the Atlanta area but I could take the pump off and ship it anywhere.

IMG_8395.jpgIMG_8396.jpgIMG_8643.jpg