1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

If anyone is interested

Discussion in 'Personnel' started by Truck Shop, Feb 8, 2021.

1. lantraxco

lantraxco Senior Member

Dammit, what did I ever do to you? LOL.

"You still any good at your age?" "Hell no, I was never any good at any age." Ask any of the many... ex employers.

sled dog, mg2361 and Vetech63 like this.
  2. lantraxco

lantraxco Senior Member

For my sins.

3. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

star gazer
    No one will work seven days a week-that's the job. Everyone wants weekends off to spend money they don't have.

4. lantraxco

lantraxco Senior Member

I would much rather work weekends, you get more done with fewer interruptions. But at my mileage (it's not the year of manufacture, it's the mileage) I'm lucky to get thirty hours in a good week. Chronic fatigue. Sucks. Would be a great job for an experienced young guy in his late forties to jump into.

bccat, John C., kshansen and 2 others like this.
  5. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

star gazer
    Well I pretty much figure I will be going it alone with the one helper that's there now and he is 66 and I'm 65. I have the typical boss {do more with less}. I will just shorten my time there I have
    no debt I owe nothing. So in the end it will be He who {does less with less}.

DB2 and lantraxco like this.
  6. Tugger2

Tugger2 Senior Member

Sounds like the boss is gonna hit the concrete floor at the bottom of the empty talent pool pretty soon.

kshansen and lantraxco like this.
  7. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

star gazer
    That's about it Tugger.

8. Tugger2

Tugger2 Senior Member

Talent pool here is getting dry for operators on old conventionals to. Except im the boss too standing too close to the edge of the pool.

9. kshansen

kshansen Senior Member

Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
    What! I can barely get enough ambition to read this forum and have a Sportster that needs someone to figure out an oil leak on before the snow is gone.

My main job these days is running the snow blowers to keep the driveway clear so wife can get to the store to buy food to feed me!

10. Crummy

Crummy Senior Member

(Good)Shop mechanics seem to be in high demand. A few places here looking.
    I talked with someone last week from a local lumber mill & they can't find a Millwright that doesn't just make a problem worse.

kshansen and Truck Shop like this.
  11. petepilot

petepilot Senior Member

I`m sure reading some pretty good excuses here keep it up guys :)

12. Coaldust

Coaldust Senior Member

Cargo Tanks
    Is being able to pass an UA a requirement?

13. skyking1

skyking1 Senior Member

If I get by my truck shop I will ask John if he is looking for a change of scenery :)

14. old-iron-habit

old-iron-habit Senior Member

Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
    Funny you say that. My Millwright nephew whom is only 27 is going to S. Carolina next week for a one week job with the contractor he works for. They did some work a year ago there and the mill owner said, "Send the kid, or don't come. He cares about what he does!" It is hard to find younger talent with a good work ethic and willing to learn. I think they are some out there but the smart companies are doing all they can to keep them to.