• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

If anyone is interested

lantraxco

No one will work seven days a week-that's the job. Everyone wants weekends off to spend money they don't have.
I would much rather work weekends, you get more done with fewer interruptions. But at my mileage (it's not the year of manufacture, it's the mileage) I'm lucky to get thirty hours in a good week. Chronic fatigue. Sucks. Would be a great job for an experienced young guy in his late forties to jump into.

Truck Shop

Well I pretty much figure I will be going it alone with the one helper that's there now and he is 66 and I'm 65. I have the typical boss {do more with less}. I will just shorten my time there I have
no debt I owe nothing. So in the end it will be He who {does less with less}.

Tugger2

Talent pool here is getting dry for operators on old conventionals to. Except im the boss too standing too close to the edge of the pool.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I nominate Khansen :D
What! I can barely get enough ambition to read this forum and have a Sportster that needs someone to figure out an oil leak on before the snow is gone.

My main job these days is running the snow blowers to keep the driveway clear so wife can get to the store to buy food to feed me!

Crummy

(Good)Shop mechanics seem to be in high demand. A few places here looking.
I talked with someone last week from a local lumber mill & they can't find a Millwright that doesn't just make a problem worse.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
(Good)Shop mechanics seem to be in high demand. A few places here looking.
I talked with someone last week from a local lumber mill & they can't find a Millwright that doesn't just make a problem worse.

Funny you say that. My Millwright nephew whom is only 27 is going to S. Carolina next week for a one week job with the contractor he works for. They did some work a year ago there and the mill owner said, "Send the kid, or don't come. He cares about what he does!" It is hard to find younger talent with a good work ethic and willing to learn. I think they are some out there but the smart companies are doing all they can to keep them to.