• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ID my seal

aidank

evening all,

need some help Id'ing a seal as it is leaking and local shop can't source it, said I would try on here as a last a chance

Seal OD 140mm
seal Id to outside of seat 108mm
seal Id to inside of seat 106.8mm

seal thickness frount to back 14.8mm

material of construction: housing is made of steel with rubber seat which rotates

numbers on seal 104160 0 8ABO02894BY MADE IN BRAZIL

Seal came from an Braseixos (Rockwell) PRA-181 axle and is a rotary seal preventing the oil from leaking past the hub shaft and out onto the ground

Braseixos (Rockwell) are now owned by Axletech?

there is a trademark on the seal it looks like a "Y" imposed on a "Y"

anyone any ideas? don't see the seal listed here either https://www.offhighwayplus.com/Docs/2010Parts.pdf

will try and get some pictures of seal and trademark when I figure out how to get them off my phone and onto computer

it is an unusual seal the seal seat rotates within the steel housing I have never seen a seal like that before

seal is in the hub of a volvo L30 loading shovel, want to avoid going to Volvo for the part hence the question

regards,
aidan

Last edited:

mankk47

VOLVO BM L30 1989. Looking for seal This loader has a Rockwell PRA-181 axels and the seal needed is from the HUB which is leaking out oil. In VOLVO parts catalog it is by number 11991937-1 according to VOLVO dealers in Finland this seal is no more available in their stock. Seal dimensions unknown as it's still inside the hub. Anyone has dimensions or place where to get the seal?

aidank

I think thats the same seal as I am talking about, I got it from volvo at the time but it was v expensive. Please send me an email and I will send you on the details that I have you might have to go to the manufacturer in Brazil for the seal