• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ice Loggers

hvy 1ton

Any watching the new extreme loggers tonight? I see a lot forestry green in the preview. That's already a plus for the show. Atleast for me ;)

rino1494

I saw it too. Did anybody catch how many hours they get on the chains and how many they go through per week on the debarker ?? My wife was talking at the time and I didn't catch it.

Jeffksf

Occupation
Mouse operator
I thought they said they change them every 24hrs.
And they run around the clock.
good show;)

hvy 1ton

I thought it was every 12hrs. It looked like they only change 1-2 rows every time they check them though.

thejdman04

I dont remember how much it cost and it is deleted off the dvr but it cost and insane amounnt and I think they said they change them all EVERY 24 hours. I think right now only 3 episodes are scheduled to air, thats a shame i like the show

DigDug

They said there was 190 chains on the chipper and they replace them every 24 hours. But.... i dont believe it. doug

Heavyduty

I dont remember how much it cost and it is deleted off the dvr but it cost and insane amounnt and I think they said they change them all EVERY 24 hours. I think right now only 3 episodes are scheduled to air, thats a shame i like the show

I thought they said they spent 16-18k a month on chains.:eek:

hvy 1ton

16k was for 2 chippers. $1 a link, 8 links in a chain, 190 chains, change them 6 times a week= $9120 a week for one chipper. 96 to 120 loads per chipper a week pays for all there costs and more... Pulpwood has gotta be worth more than i think it is.:D

PSDF350

16k was for 2 chippers. $1 a link, 8 links in a chain, 190 chains, change them 6 times a week= $9120 a week for one chipper. 96 to 120 loads per chipper a week pays for all there costs and more... Pulpwood has gotta be worth more than i think it is.:D

I think their full of crap. They were saying the other night they chnge the chains every 5-6 loads, I don't think so. Thats at least twice a day on each chipper. Thats alot of wasted time not to mention it is being done by the mechanic. What he has nothing better to do than spend half the day changing chains.:pointhead

g-man

They were changing them every 24 hours but it was not the mechanic that changed them it was the chiper and skidder operator that changed them.

bustedknuckle

I don't think they know what they (the show) know what they're saying. When they showed the bulldozer clearing the new landing, they clearly said "20,000 lb dozer". I'm no expert, but I think a D6R weighs just a little more than 20k.

D5G

I agree bustedknuckle, I watched it tonight and was wondering about some of the stuff they said, who knows.

bkellyvtme

Occupation
CBP/ Logging as side business
Wonder how they are doing in a down market? Anyone know when it was filmed?

Heavyduty

Wonder how they are doing in a down market? Anyone know when it was filmed?

I was thinking they filmed it last winter or the year before. I think they know the downturn in the economy will be long term so why not make some money on a TV show.:drinkup