• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I said never again but I did buy another Lincoln 18 volt grease gun.

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
Bought the new Lincoln 18 volt powerluber 1884 with two batteries for 263 + ten shipping. Good price best I could find after a good search.

Last one was a 12 volt and it worked good but I set it on the tire and it fell and it was more to fir it than it cost. They would not get me the parts :mad: so I could fix it.

I'll strap this one on my next. Keep you posted on how it works next week.

EGS

Occupation
Local 139 operator
Don't worry I have already smashed three 18 volts.:Banghead

One with a D5M, one with a PC650 and one with a 385.
I think they need to make them stronger.:D

Speedpup

Occupation
Got it today and will try it tomorrow. I may strap it on my neck with a sling. I think the first one I had was 12 volt Lincoln.

Three guns :Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead mine fell 3 feet ZI hope yours were run over.

Speedpup

Occupation
how long do your batteries last on the 12 volt?

From memory I think 4 tubes of grease or 5 per battery. I think on the Lincoln site they tell you for what that is worth. I'll check their rating on my 18V and post it. It has been three years +. I didn't use this new 18 volt yet and with the weather this week looks shot.

Takes me 4-5 tubes on my Lull 1044B and a steady 30 minutes of work. The other Lulls are much faster may be 15 minutes and twp or three tubes.

gm3100

Occupation
Turf Equipment Mechanic
I use as Lincoln 12 volt, I broke the handle a few times from dropping it, I was able to purchase my parts from Eastern Bearing in Rhode Island. The replacement handle was about 17 bucks. I found the handle breaks because they flex where it connects to the pump head, I used a small wooden block that fits between the handle and the metal grease tube. I have a velcro strap that holds the block in. It keep the handle from flexing in and out. Since I made this up I havent broken any handles. It adds a few seconds to a cartridge swap but it saves the gun.

grandpa

Was greasing the king pins in one of my dump trucks and it was taking grease hard and that 18 volter had enough power to blow the threaded cap right off the bottome of the king pin. I was impressed, and got the grease flowing again.

Speedpup

Occupation
Works good has some real good push'in power. I shot 6 tubes in one machine. Gun gets a bit heavy as it takes about 40 minutes of hard work to grease it.:eek:
Dumb me set it on the tire like the last one and it was near falling:Banghead

insleyboy

Occupation
Operator 25 years, was laborer for 7 years
They are fragile, but well worth the price! They will push grease where handle types feel like they will break your arm. I greased a 330 Cat, 325 Cat and a Gradall Materiel Handler on 1 battery!

Speedpup

Occupation
I pushed 5 tubes in my Lull 1044B PITA to grease. Dropped battery in the charger and it was back full in 10-15 minutes. I guess it would pump a ton of grease. Gets heavy after a while climbing and crawling with it but you are not pumping. Set it on the tire again and it almost fell like the first one :Banghead:Banghead:Banghead Works good tons of power.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
Surprised Speedup that happened to your old 12V.I actually ran over mine slightly with my backhoe and it still worked fine,just broke off a sliver of blue plastic.I have the 14.4 Lincoln now which works great.I don't know why Lincoln had to go bigger-like you said, they get heavy fast.How can you use 4 tubes on 1 machine though?I'm not used to Lulls,they have that many grease points?

Speedpup

Occupation
Surprised Speedup that happened to your old 12V.I actually ran over mine slightly with my backhoe and it still worked fine,just broke off a sliver of blue plastic.I have the 14.4 Lincoln now which works great.I don't know why Lincoln had to go bigger-like you said, they get heavy fast.How can you use 4 tubes on 1 machine though?I'm not used to Lulls,they have that many grease points?

tons of fittings I think I will count them next time. May be 1 less tube if I did it at 10 hours as required. With my luck it probably hit just right to break,