• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I gotta know what gives?

wornout wrench

Oh you mean like me....and operator Ronsii?

one good thing about this new movement, and most likely the other I mentioned, is that these new age ideas seldom show up in the seat off road. That gives us here some time to “accept” or whichever path we choice. I have seen a couple guys around with the rings in their ears. Earrings are fine I guess if someone wants them. I am not going to judge these people with pipes in their ears either if that is what they want to do. I sure does seem dangerous in many work environments to have a 1” hole in your ear. It does make me a little sad to see onion ring ears. I am not sure of anyway that will be good for anything in their future.
I live in a very mild climate, our version of cold is maybe -10 C and that will only be for a few days.
So question for guys living in the colder climates, do you see this.
I can't imagine having a bunch of jewelry hanging from my nose or ears in -30 or -40. I would think it would freeze pretty quick.

Welder Dave

The EM bike will need to have a forged unobtainium frame for lightest weight and to solve the highly complex engineering challenges. I'm sure Alcoa would be more than willing to donate their time and resources just to be associated with such an unbelievably ambitious undertaking. The likes of which may never be seen again! To save time they could forge about 100 at a time to keep up with what is sure to be a tremendous demand. The price is right, the bike is beautiful and the press is ready!

https://www.cleveland.com/business/2012/02/alcoas_50000-ton_ready_to_go_b.html

Welder Dave

Whatever you do don't get Chip Foose to design it. Isn't it ironic that a guy named Harold Beaver wins the least sexy tractor in the world. He's probably so wishing he would have won 1st prize instead of the grand prize. JD's most popular tractor turned into the most hideous. Hopefully he's OK with being single the rest of his life.

http://agwired.com/2010/09/22/harold-beaver-wins-john-deere-chip-foose-4020-tractor/

https://jalopnik.com/the-chip-foose-john-deere-4020-hot-rod-tractor-sucks-gr-5485921

Blocker in MS

Welder Dave has a very good point. Maybe we should even develop our own material. We could combine the light weight of carbon fiber and aluminum with the heat resistance of titanium and throw in a little inconel. Carbon Intitaninum! We will have to patent a welding process for this. Better call Feildres. YouTube him if you are not familiar with him.

Blocker in MS

I wonder if Alcoa would let us rent their press on weekends and holidays? Maybe nights too? If you have a press like that, surely you can press anything that was pressing to be pressed in the press during the daytime with no stress on you or the press. We could negotiate rates for power usage at night as not being during peak hours and get a good discount like all the fish farmers here.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
I wonder if Alcoa would let us rent their press on weekends and holidays? Maybe nights too? If you have a press like that, surely you can press anything that was pressing to be pressed in the press during the daytime with no stress on you or the press. We could negotiate rates for power usage at night as not being during peak hours and get a good discount like all the fish farmers here.
Wait... Wut? now you want to use fish for the bike frame?

Blocker in MS

No, only the bones. They are essential for the fiber in the carbon fiber. You cannot use chicken bones. It has been tried. Chicken bones are too dry and will shatter when pressed. Fish live underwater almost their entire lives so their bones retain more moisture. That is how fish float.

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
No, only the bones. They are essential for the fiber in the carbon fiber. You cannot use chicken bones. It has been tried. Chicken bones are too dry and will shatter when pressed. Fish live underwater almost their entire lives so their bones retain more moisture. That is how fish float.
Well... at least you didn't want to use 'milking almond' bones.... they are way too brittle!!! that would be nuts!

Blocker in MS

You may be on to something Ronsii. Bribery! That helped the pirates out. Almond bones are much too small. We will never make production being that tedious.

Blocker in MS

Bacon drools. image.jpg He was watching me eat supper a couple days ago. I stepped it his pool. My foot is still wet I think. Yes I have had a bath or two since then. Still wet. Surely that stuff is an untapped source of lubricity. We need to factory that into this situation.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
Just a thought... Sharks have no bones, just cartilage. Much more flexible than bones, plus they have shark oil... Who wants to farm them?