• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I found another loader for cheap

Serv

I accidently stumbled across this clark 175B while making phone calls the other day. I was following a lead on an alligator shear and the guy said "yes we have one but it's not for sale" .... He said "we have a bunch of other stuff we need to get rid of though." That's when he mentioned two abandoned loaders at the back of his property. I was like "really?" :) I passed the Komatsu info and pics to the Singapore guy that bought my other Komatsu and I'd really like to own and fix up that clark for myself to have as a toy around the yard. The guy said someone offered 3000 for the clark a while back, but never came back. He said I could have it for "less than 3000" so I'll get up there within the next week or so. The clark was parked due to a knock coming from the engine. the engine is an 8v71 detroit screamer. A good friend of mine has a spare 8v71 he said I can have if I want it. I know this thing is ugly, but it has "Brute force and Ignorance" written all over it and I want to make it mine. :D check it out.

Attachments

• k11.jpg
    k11.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 4,411
  • k33.jpg
    k33.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 4,656

cat320

Charter Member
well there ya go again at the right place and time and having a spare detroit to put in as well. that clark is unbelivable and it is everything you said and more. .

Serv

well there ya go again at the right place and time and having a spare detroit to put in as well. that clark is unbelivable and it is everything you said and more. .

really? that's what I want to hear. :D I know nothing about these other than they don't bring very much money these days.

salopez said:
what about the komatsu? is it still for sale? how much? what size and does it run?

it's a 1988 WA350-1. They pulled the engine two years ago to have it freshened and when they got it back, someone stole it out of their shop. So it's engineless and the engine is kinda hard to find. and yes, it is for sale but they're starting around 8 for that one. Doesn't seem worth it to me. :beatsme

He says there's a guy that really wants to buy it. I'm betting he's the one that possesses the engine that was ripped off. :D

salopez

Thats crazy! If I could get it cheap enough I would go for it...I go to Japan everyonce in a while, and use to visit some of the Komatsu dealers when I lived there...I am sure I could find a used engine....or get a cummins to fit!

cat320

Charter Member
If i had a place to really park it and use one that big i would love to get it i looked at one at a local state agency awhile back that was up for auction but just to big for me .

surfer-joe

The Clark is a pretty good machine, fairly simple hydraulics and electrics. Geeze, a couple of the tires still have air in them even. That stutter in the engine may only be a bad fuel injector or maybe a busted or mis-adjusted tappet and rocker assembly. Be worth a look-see before you went to all the work of pulling that out.

Good Luck!

JBL

Hey serv, just wondering if the passenger side seat in your pickup is available? I would like to ride around with you for awhile. :D

tdozer

That Clark is worth every bit of $3000. We have 2 Michigan/clark 175 IIIA's and a 175B. The 2 "IIIA" models have 8V-71's and the "B" model has a Cummins. The older Detroit powered loaders have more pushing power, but the hydraulics dont have the UMMMPH that the "B" model does. The Cummins in the "B" model is gettin up there in hours(11,000). We are going to replace it with an 8V-71 Detroit. Just to see if it will get the power of the IIIA's. Needless to say I would grab that loader for that price. It's probably worth that in scrap these days.

Last edited:

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF tdozer! :drinkup

Serv

I'm pretty sure there's a detroit engine in it already. I'm tied up this week building my warehouse, but I'll do my best to get up there and buy it this coming week. It's an 8 hour drive for me to go get it. :cool:

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Serv scores again! That Clark looks like the "big stick" to me....get a set of forks for that baby and you'd have one heck of a tire changing machine!
Keep us informed!
Some old iron I spotted today.Michigan 280 dozer, Hough payloader, and a D9E serial #50A149.
Good luck, alan627b

Attachments

• PIX 7-07 106 (Small).jpg
    PIX 7-07 106 (Small).jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 4,493
  • PIX 7-07 134 (Small).jpg
    PIX 7-07 134 (Small).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 5,026
  • PIX 7-07 094 (Small).jpg
    PIX 7-07 094 (Small).jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 4,318
Last edited:

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I saw this Chevy boom truck for sale for $3500, bet you could use it...might be a bit of a drive to get it to Texas from here, though!

Attachments

• PIX 7-07 122 (Small).jpg
    PIX 7-07 122 (Small).jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 4,200

Serv

hey alan!

nice old iron. :D

Here's one I just happened to stumble upon a couple of hours ago. I've always seen it, but never drove in to check out what it is until today. This one could be had for free I bet. The property even looks abandoned. Anybody care to take a shot at what size/year Cat this is?

These backyard finds are everywhere. :usa

Attachments

• DSC01448.JPG
    DSC01448.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,469
  • DSC01447.JPG
    DSC01447.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,461
  • DSC01446.JPG
    DSC01446.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,463

Serv

here's two pics of a pull type sheepsfoot roller (single wide) that I saw during the same ride tonight. It's been there for at least 8 yrs that I know of.

and in the third pic is a later model case skidsteer right in the middle of the photo. I haven't seen any activity there for a few years. the skidsteer is hard to make out, but it's the best I could do with the phone cam. :cool:

the bottom pic is a random photo of two cars that have been on this 3 acre tract for many years as well as far as I've seen.

Attachments

• DSC01450.JPG
    DSC01450.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,438
  • DSC01451.JPG
    DSC01451.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,439
  • DSC01454.JPG
    DSC01454.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 1,441
  • DSC01453.JPG
    DSC01453.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,451

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
That's an easy one, Serv. A well abused Caterpillar, 988a or possibly a 980. I'm betting 988 by what I can see. Amazing how people just park stuff and forget about it like that. Must be rough to have that kind of cash. But you see it all over.
There'a a 977 K or L sitting at a closed down composting operation near here, been there at leat 8 years and counting....
This old Lorain was sunk up to the hubs in the ground, bet it's been there a few years....
You'd think they guy would at least want the money a 69 Roadrunner/Satellite and a 75 Ranchero would fetch, they'll probably just return to the earth...and with a little work, it could look like this,,,,
alan627b

Attachments

• PIX 7-07 110 (Small).jpg
    PIX 7-07 110 (Small).jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 1,457
  • PIX 7-07 111 (Small).jpg
    PIX 7-07 111 (Small).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,441
  • PIX 7-07 081 (Small).jpg
    PIX 7-07 081 (Small).jpg
    75 KB · Views: 1,422
  • PIX 7-07 080 (Small).jpg
    PIX 7-07 080 (Small).jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,422
Last edited:

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I'm thinking it's a 988, might look smaller cuz it's missing some parts and it's buried in the weeds......probably blew an engine, and thiose D342's are getting hard to find parts for...we run a bunch of 824/825B rollers, and cat's discontinued a lot of the parts for them. You'd think the guy would want the scrap money for it.
alan627b