• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I found a new holland ls185b for sale cheap [I think]

Ropinghorns

This builder has a 2006 New Holland LS185b for sale with 450 hours. Enclosed heat and air, 2 speed with a nice root grapple on it. He wants $20,000 for it. Is that about right?

Jeepwalker

The price I usually see on the online ads for a machine like that with 'normal' hours (1200 - 2500 hrs) and standard cab would be in that price range or maybe a tad less, maybe $18k. But given the low hours, if it was well taken care of, stored indoors, it's like a new machine. With all the options, cab, and the grapple, that makes it a pretty good deal I think, plus you don't have to spend $$ to travel anywhere to pick it up, and also know the history. But make sure it's what you want/need and you aren't considering it just because it's a perceived 'good deal'. Good deals come up regularly if you keep your eyes/ears open and are ready to pounce when you see one. But otherwise, they're nice machines. I seriously looked at buying one some years ago, but I've never owned or even driven one, so this info comes from guys I know who have them. My neighbor has almost the same machine, and a buddy of mine sold his bobcat recently and bought a 185 just like the one you're looking at because he needed the extra lifting capacity. He loves it. Strong unit, longer wheelbase than some skids make them more stable on hilly terrain.

If you are willing to spend $20k or even a tad more, it opens up a whole lot of different possibilities for different types of machines. Depends on what is most important to you. For example, if it's low hours (almost new) than this L185 is perfect. But you had your sights set on a track machine and low hours weren't as critical, there are track machines out there that you could get into.
Probably best to snap this machine up while you still can. Good luck!

Last edited: