• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I found a Mitsubishi like we used to have

skyking1

On craigslist. Different tiller but the same little rig. They turned the wheels out, we had ours turned in for tilling in the raspberries. I think dad bought it new in 68. This is even the exact model, might be the same tractor. 17 HP single cylinder, glow plug, and an unloader lever. You reached up under the hood right below the decal "r1500" and lifted the lever, she cranked over fast then you dumped it and "knuck-knuck-knuck" with a puff of smoke from all that extra fuel.
https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/grd/d/renton-tractor/7396356958.html

1amitsu.jpg

Reactions: JPV

skyking1

That is a skinny little row tractor by design. I have so many fond memories but my experience tells me something wider is more suited to my terrain.

skyking1

I *think* I remember 2
It also had an integral mount tiller, it had 4 bolts around the PTO and then you hooked up the lift arms. The bolts would wiggle loose so there was a 3/4" box wrench on a wire, hanging from the fender handle. Easy to hook up, a PITA to have to tighten, and the center drive chain meant you had a good tilled edge up close on either side.

Reactions: JPV