1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

I dig best vs trimble earthworks 2d

Discussion in 'Lasers' started by Tim Modine, Nov 14, 2020.

1. skyking1

skyking1 Senior Member

@Tags I think you have made it clear for me. I made a pendulum level indicator years ago for an operation, and I will make another and mount it and the target like yours on the stick. I can get the stick straight and roll the bucket till it sits flat, and get a good ditch grade. I dig 1% and 2% all day long.
    I'll still have a rod and shovel man, but he will be grading the bedding behind me. I dig 2" low for bedding.

2. Tim Modine

Tim Modine Active Member

Going with the Trimble earthworks 2D for an excavator. Once installed will post pics from that and give an installation description.

skyking1 likes this.
  3. skyking1

skyking1 Senior Member

I ordered the cr600 and magnet mount yesterday, and will get to fabbing my plumb indicator. I think I will put it on a mag base.

Tags likes this.