• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I didn't see this thread until now...

joeeye59

Occupation
A Man with a Backhoe
Hi everyone, I just joined about a week or two ago and didn't see this new member intro thread until now...

What a great forum! Everybody I've talked with has been so much help its appreciated a lot more than you can imagine... I hope I can add as much help to others....... but a huge part of my background is widely with cars and light trucks...

I've always been one to do it your self to avoid having it done wrong.. :) .. so I finally pick up what I've been wanting for such a long time is a 1988 John Deere Backhoe 310c...

Joe

Wolf

1988 John Deere Backhoe 310c

what kinda jobs are you doing with that 1988 John Deere Backhoe 310c? How's it working out for you, man?

joeeye59

Occupation
A Man with a Backhoe
what kinda jobs are you doing with that 1988 John Deere Backhoe 310c? How's it working out for you, man?

Well I got it to do a bunch of tedious jobs at my house that I need to do and are required as part of the project I have going on to make my yard better, because I'm building a large 2 car garage where an old 2 car garage once stood that I took down 23 years ago... being I have so many things to do and no body does it all these days I had to call about 5 different people to get estimates, one guy for only concrete work, one guy only for site work, one guy to build retaining walls, one guy only for paving, it was always one guy for only one job and the thing is that every job tied together so tight that each person needed to have constant contact with each other to get things done correctly and I knew that was not going to happen, and with getting separate estimates each one was very high..... it was so clearly obviously to just buy this machine and sell it when I'm done, and hire laborers to do this and that as I advance in each part of the job to get this 2 car garage up and the surrounding yard looking good...

I can't blame the guys for writing their estimates, I know operating costs are very high, plus when your putting kids thru college....

So I'm using the 310 for prepping the site to pour footings, back fill, changing yard elevations, dig out a back up for the cars to also park in, and making the driveway wider.... then I'm making a sloping dirt ramp thats also holding back a stone wall, this is so I can drive up into the back yard, because 12 feet off the back of my house the elevation goes up to the 2nd floor level, so the garage is being built into a "so called" slope....

I really didn't think I'd be working this machine as hard as I am, I'm running into so many huge rocks its making progress go so very slow, I live in New England USA and its got to be the most rockiest place ever...

I probably need to learn to operate it more efficient, but every day I have been getting better with it and have been catching on how to make more use of it on how to do things...