1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I am liking it.

Discussion in 'Cranes' started by Evans, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Evans

Evans Well-Known Member

IMG-20180705-WA0003.jpg IMG-20180630-WA0002.jpg :p:p IMG-20180624-WA0000.jpg IMG-20180624-WA0000.jpg IMG-20180122-WA0002.jpg

mikebramel likes this.
  2. ol'stonebreaker

ol'stonebreaker Senior Member

retired
    On picking the container I'll advise marrying the choker eyes on the hook with a large shackle. I'll assume the chain come along on the one corner took the strain OK.

Evans likes this.
  3. Evans

Evans Well-Known Member

Thanks Ol'stonebreaker,well noted.

4. Knepptune

Knepptune Senior Member

I guess I either forgot or didn't realize you had a tms300 as well. Glad your getting along with those old girls. Solid cranes those old groves are.

td25c likes this.
  5. Junkyard

Junkyard Senior Member

Field Mechanic
    I like them because they’re structurally stout enough to pick by the seat of your pants in most situations. Shorter boom lengths you’ll pick an outrigger up before you fold the boom over. I’d love an old 80 or 100 ton for a yard crane!

Evans likes this.
  6. td25c

td25c Senior Member

Grove has forgotten more about building cranes then any new rig today would advertise .

Wytruckwrench and old-iron-habit like this.
  7. repowerguy

repowerguy Senior Member

mixer truck mechanic
    Just a bit ot here but when did Grove stop making trapezoidal booms? At a job I had a few years back they had a 35 ton Grove that had the plate on the dash that proclaimed If It's Trapezoidal, It's A Grove.

Evans likes this.
  8. Knepptune

Knepptune Senior Member

www.cranetrader.com/listings/cranes/for-sale/18277915/1989-grove-rt875cc

Something like this junkyard? Picking fool with that short main boom. Yard crane extraordinaire.

Grove phased out the trapazoid in the early 2000's. The E models were the first without trapazoid booms. They really got a bad rap with the B and C models. Commonly referred to as pop a top booms. They were bad about cracking the weld at the the top plate of the boom.

Evans likes this.
  9. Junkyard

Junkyard Senior Member

Field Mechanic
    Yep something like that would be ideal. Throw the chart out and pick by feel! Haha.

10. Evans

Evans Well-Known Member

Knepptune,i have fallen in love with these old ladies and they suits well with my environment,easy to look after and they not lazy at all.
    I have purchased another tms475 on the waters now, just seen the demand since my country has been isolated for a long time and now its open for business .

11. crane operator

crane operator Senior Member

Glad your keeping them busy evans.