1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Hyundai 480lc-9a Will not fire.

Discussion in 'Excavators' started by stars&bars44, Jan 28, 2020.

1. stars&bars44

stars&bars44 Well-Known Member

Earthmoving
    Hyundai 480 will not crank. Batteries good. When turn key to on travel alarm beeps. No response from engine. Fuses have power. Swapped relays and same issue. Any ideas?

2. funwithfuel

funwithfuel Senior Member

Mechanic
    Does it think the safety lever is engaged?

3. Bls repair

Bls repair Senior Member

Equipment operator,mechanic
    Getting power to starter when key turned? .power to solenoid? Solenoid activating when key turned?

4. tool_king

tool_king Senior Member

road mechanic owner
    Is you emergency stop toggle switch actived ? It is located under the safety lever. It will have red cover over it .

5. tool_king

tool_king Senior Member

road mechanic owner
    What is your email address ? I can send you a operation manual and service manual if you like . So you have if need.

6. funwithfuel

funwithfuel Senior Member

Mechanic
    I just re read your original post. Your travel alarm comes on with ignition? If so, could have failed sensor. That in turn could be tricking the computer into thinking the safety is engaged and travel is requested. Just a thought. I have nothing to base this on other than your description.

7. tool_king

tool_king Senior Member

road mechanic owner
    I will test one at the shop tomorrow if get back and see what it does .

8. tool_king

tool_king Senior Member

road mechanic owner
    Yes if the emergency switch it flipped the dash will light up but not crank .It has red cover over it .