• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

HyrWhat kind of Hydraulic oil for Fords

Powder

Occupation
Truck driver
Hi Ya'll We just bought a Ford 655 D can anyone tell me the proper Hyfraulic oil, and rother fluids to be used in this backhoe

El Hombre

Ford 134a goes in everything except the engine; use a good diesel engine oil for that. Do a web search to find out the specs for 134a and see what you have locally is the same spec. 5 gallon buckets of oil cost a fortune to ship one at a time, so find out what is on the ground near you. Get some new filters at the same time, especially the engine, fuel, and maybe air and hydraulic. The hydraulic filter is a big mother and expensive, same for the air. But since it's a new to you, you probably should change everything.

And by everything, that's all the oil under pressure, power steering, hydraulics, trans, rear axle.

Powder

Occupation
Truck driver
Thanks so much El Hombre,, we have a New Holland dear here,,,maybe they can get me what I need,,thanks again

Powder

Occupation
Truck driver
Can you tell me where the hydraulic filter is located on the 655 D?

El Hombre

Can you tell me where the hydraulic filter is located on the 655 D?

On my 750 series Ford, it's bolted to the left front cowling, just behind the radiator. It's 6" diameter and about 14" long with a threaded cover. Has a 1" metal tube to the bottom. Find something like that size with the hoses connecting it to the rest of the hoe. It's on the suction side of the circuit, the oil is drawn thru the filter; no filters on the pressure side for obvious reasons. You might want to search this forum's service manual swap meet, just scroll thru the first couple of pages and you'll find it. Ebay has cheap paper copies as well.