• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydrualic additive for cold weather?

oarwhat

I plow in Buffalo,NY. it's been colder than normal and it takes quite awhile for the hydraulics to work at speed. Anything that I can add to help? Thanks !!

grandpa

You can thin your hydraulic oil down,,, you can also wrap your hydraulic tank with insulation. If you have lines with long runs, you can slid insulation tubes over those lines.

oarwhat

I don't know exactly. I'm sure it's hydraulic oil. I just thought there was some additive to lower the cold temp viscosity. I guess I'll just live with it not that bad.

mbs

Thinner oil or put a heater on the hydro tank and leave it plugged in. For a thinner oil you are going to have to drain and refill. What type of machine is this?