1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Hydro seeder

Discussion in 'General Industry Questions' started by Reuben, May 18, 2010.

1. Reuben

Reuben Senior Member

Not sure if I posted in the right place....We are buying a hydroseeder and decided on the Finn T75. IS that our best bet for brand? Does anyone esle recommend? pros? cons? etc?

2. 580bruce

580bruce Well-Known Member

I hydroseeded for about 9 years.Bowie is ok,but I think Finn is the best.Great product support,great machine.I ran a 330.

3. Orchard Ex

Orchard Ex Super Moderator

I have a T-30 that I bought last year. I looked at lots of brands and Finn seems to be universally respected throughout the industry. They also hold their value well. Mine has been relatively trouble free and I like the hydraulic controls for the agitation as well as the power hose reel. Not sure who your dealer is up there but mine is Wolbert & Master. They have been great to deal with. I think that they have an office in Scranton. The 75 is a interesting size in that the trailer version is just below the CDL class A weight limit.

4. rino1494

rino1494 Senior Member

Does your salesman kinda look like santa claus ??

5. stuvecorp

stuvecorp Senior Member

I have a 550 gallon Turfmaker and it has been great, the bonus thing is I could have bought two Turfmakers for the price of one Finn.

6. Orchard Ex

Orchard Ex Super Moderator

Nope. I wouldn't say he's a marathon runner, but he's no where near Santa Claus size. His name is George, he's been great to deal with. He's in the Edgewood MD office.

7. Reuben

Reuben Senior Member

We ended up buying a FINN T90...I did a lot of research and plain and simple they appear to be the best with the best support... Filled the tank up just to see how well it would spray and the canon probably sprays close to 150'. It has a four cylinder Kabota diesel enigine on it and that was a huge selling point for us.

8. stuvecorp

stuvecorp Senior Member

You were probably better to go with a bigger hydroseeder, I would love to have a bigger hydroseeder. Hydroseeding is decent money but can be very frustrating, that's what keeps guys away from it.:D

9. Hydro101

Hydro101 Well-Known Member

shoulda got a bowie.. had a finn t120, you couldn't give me a finn for free instead of my bowie...