• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulics delayed

Trdiesel

Hi all, I’m working on a kobelco sk210-8 excavator. Customer was running the machine when a hose blew and the hydro tank drained. He replaced the hose and filled up the tank and went back to work. Ran okay for a week then pump started growling and certain functions had a delay. Swing left, boom down, arm out and travel forward. 3 second delay before any movement and as soon as you move the joystick to operate the function it rattles the steel line for the cooler which it never did before. We removed the pump stack and sent off to be tested and verify it was good. They polished up some parts and sent it back saying it was good to go. I have 725 psi pilot psi at the pump stack and according to dash I have 4469 psi roughly showing on the screen. No error codes showing. I did a cycle time test on each track in high and low. Tracking backwards they are the same, tracking forward is slower because the delay. I have watched the sensor values comparing one function to another and there is no delay on the sensor when pulling the joystick. I have swapped pump sensor wiring and regulator wiring and the problem didn’t move. Any help is appreciated. I’ll add the serial number later as soon as I get it.

Welder Dave

Usually just work them both directions several times. If you can lift up the track(s) makes it easier for the drive motors.

Kyle Helmke

If this machine has a pattern change make sure it's locked in place and not part way shifted
on the bottom of the joysticks there are screens in the fittings might want to check for plugging.
if you have independent travel try running the same tests over again with independent on and see what it changes

Trdiesel

I saw on the schematic the screens on the pressure side fittings, I haven’t checked them because it’s only one function per joystick. I will get back with you on the independent travel suggestion. Thanks