• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic valve question- Prime Mover LD-50

SawtoothLD50

Hello everyone,
I have a Prime-Mover LD50 loader that I have been reviving from the dead. It has been a fun project, and I finally have it running and operating well. I have converted it to accept Skid steer quick attach buckets and I would like the ability to run a grapple and a snow plow.

My question is, how do I determine if the hydraulic valve has a power beyond port? and which one is it? Attached are pics of the valve. To me it looks like a Prince, but that is just a guess after scouring the internet. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Bryan

Attachments

• IMG_6257[1].JPG
    IMG_6257[1].JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6256[1].JPG
    IMG_6256[1].JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6251[1].JPG
    IMG_6251[1].JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6252[1].JPG
    IMG_6252[1].JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 10

Delmer

That's not real clear from looking at it, either of the big "out" plugs could be the power beyond. You'll need the proper power beyond fitting/sleeve, that will come with directions for where it goes, and the plumbing for the next valve. I would assume that is an off the shelf open center valve, and will have the provision for power beyond, but you need the fitting, it's not just hooking up another hose to the valve, as far as I know.

Welder Dave

Hard to read but looks like is says Gresen (upside down) on the spool valve cap in the 2nd pic. They were pretty common valves on different types of equipment. I think they are part of Eaton now. There are some manuals online and/or a good hyd. shop should be able to tell you what you need.