• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic Ram Push Out Trailers Anyone?

I'm looking at purchasing an older hydraulic ram push out trailer. My friend has retired from a waste business. He has several roll off trucks, a few live floor trailers & a couple of heavy steel trailers with rams that pushed the garbage from the front out the back barn door. These two particular trailers have 9" hydraulic cylinders compared to some I have seen with 8" rams. He claims with the bigger hydraulic cylinders they will push out washout concrete, anything I would put on them! He always hauled very heavy loads with everything he owned including the roll offs but kept all equipment in top shape..

I am interested in using them for cow manure, land clearing debris, top soil, and possibly washout from a cement plant loaded by excavator once a month. He says they will even push out a load of fill dirt with the cylinder they in them. I have had trailer dumps in past as well as a couple of belly dumps but never experienced trailers like these two. They are extremely heavy/well built & look like what ever I were to do with them would be a break from what he used them for. Both are in decent shape with extra heavy center point spring suspension under them & are around 40 feet long.

Does anyone have experience with these hauling the type loads I described? Any tips on maintaining them? Or is this just a waste of my time? They both have been sitting for a couple years so I have a little work to get one road ready.

I have a tri-axle lowboy tractor with wet kit I was going to pull them with.
thanks,

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
I can tell you that a friend of mine, just left NC, to go to Ala. or Ms. for storm cleanup for FEMA. I never ask what he was going to get paid, but he did say, he would be there about 3 months and he wouldnt have to work the rest of the year
Good Luck

I can tell you that a friend of mine, just left NC, to go to Ala. or Ms. for storm cleanup for FEMA. I never ask what he was going to get paid, but he did say, he would be there about 3 months and he wouldnt have to work the rest of the year
Good Luck

Thanks for responding, I think now I'm going to put one of these ram push trailers back to use. You reminded me of the time we worked at ground 0 during the aftermath of Hugo in Charleston & then Andrew in Miami. Back then we used dumps but this would actually be a better setup if the same situation arose again along the coast here. In the mean time I have plenty use for hauling landscaping material in bulk back to our yard to divide up into single axle loads of manure,top soil,chips,etc...