• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic pump to mount on 3304 engine?

workshoprat92

Well we are getting oil to and through the pump. We can crack the pressure hose and we got oil but no pressure. Remember i purchased this pump mounting and gear all from a junkyard and nonothing about the pump itself. I have two thoughs going.

First the gear is not making contact and driving the pump. There is no way to find this out with the pump installed. Im gona have to split the pump apart and fit the shaft carrier front portion up and then i can make sure im getting gear contact.

Second I am thinking maybe the pump is set up for tje wrong rotation for our application? Looking at the post from f311fr1 i see the pump can be changed for rotation. Either way im gona have to split the pump apart.

Keeping my fingers crossed lol!

f311fr1

Rotation of the pump is determined while facing the shaft, The outside of the ring ring might have a number stamped on it. That would be GPM @ 1200 RPM. Cartridge kits are available from the aftermarket at resonable $. Pay attention to the slant of the outside of the vanes. It matters which way this taper goes. PSI is resitance to flow. pull the pump apart and inspect the internals. If you have questions as to serviceabillty post pictures. Your pump will probably only have 3 pieces to the sandwich rather that 5. The 3 piece is an older design and the 5 piece is newer. Both types will work in your housing and the 5 piece style is designed for mobile application.

f311fr1

Attached is the service sheet for the 3 piece type cartridge

Attachments

• 25V PARTS AND SERVICE.pdf
    90.9 KB · Views: 4

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
One thing I would be checking while pump is apart would be to see if the vanes all move free in the slots in the rotor. If it has been sitting a long time the vanes could be gummed up.

If possible take a few pictures when you take pump apart so we can get a look at the various parts and how they are assembled.

I always liked the Vickers pump as if familiar with them it was easy to tell if they were good or bad at a glance.