• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic Pump coupler R&R komatsu PC40-7

Green40

Am looking for repair manual/ info regarding hydraulic coupler replacement. Installed new starter recently and noted buildup of powdery rubber on old stater housing internal to flywheel. Material looked similar to the pile of rubber under my washing machine when the coupler failed. With 6500 hrs on the unit I am expecting it needs to be replaced. Anyone done this job? I have tools and resources. Need details on replacement of coupler.

Green40

Thank you for the schematic. I do have the factory parts manual showing the same info. Am looking for process steps to remove and replace. Not sure what to remove or correct steps. Am in need of a repair manual with some detailed step by step info. It's a bit busy as you can see and I'd rather not mess something up by guessing how it comes apart.

Attachments

• 20230317_095127.jpg
    20230317_095127.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10

Green40

Thank you for the information LACHAU.

I have the machine in my shop and am beginning the removal process. Going to remove pump only not entire pump/engine as noted in the provided attachment. Info does help. Will upload pictures once I have the coupler out. I am betting it's pretty worn. Replacement OEM parts have been ordered.

Green40

Well here is what I found. Glad I am changing it out. As you can see the rubber portion of the coupler has separated. Is this a oem coupler?

Am replacing with oem.

Also found this in my intake. I have always had a airfilter in place. Wondering if this had been there since I have owned it. Still ran good despite the organic blockage.