• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic help

TCTOWS

I have a 2014 takeuchi tl12 standard flow. I am in the process of building a winch attachment for off road recovery.

The attachment has 4 functions: boom up/down, boom extend/retract, winch one, winch two.

I am trying to figure out the hydraulics at this time. Would like to be able to operate from inside the cab. Looking for suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Delmer

Are you talking about how to control the four functions, or how to size the winch motors and cylinders?

The easiest way to build the control from inside the cab is probably going to be electric switches and solenoid operated valve bank.

Volume is speed and pressure is force, if you understand that, then you can figure out your sizing.

TD25C had a thread about a skid steer winch a while back. No boom that I can remember, just a big winch and the stabilizers to make it dig in enough to stay put.

TCTOWS

The attachment is being made from a wrecker boom off of a conventional wrecker, so the cylinders and winch motors are already sized. Will just need to have the correct flow and pressure for them.

I have a rudimentary understanding of hydraulics, my plan was finding a way of feeding four hydraulic valves off from the one remote on the skid steer. The two valves that run the cylinders would require less flow than the winches.

Hopefully I can find a solenoid controlled valve that would allow for two different flow valves and allow for clean wiring that would be robust.

Any suggestions where to purchase valve?

lantraxco

bailey Hydraulics has the Chief line of solenoid valves, you can get a 4 spool 21 GPM solenoid valve. You would have to call them to see about the particulars. Do your winches need motor spools for instance? As far as speed control you can add flow control valves on the outlet ports either fixed or adjustable to set the cylinder speeds.