• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic fluid

UpNorth Mini Excavating

Thank you Blondie! I went to my local parts store to get this and they looked at me like I was speaking a different language. None of there 5 gallon pales had any markings on it. Is there a way you could show me a picture of the pale?

Blondie70

I bought the fluid in gallon bottles. That number is the specification of the type of fluid. It's not a name brand....I got mine from O'Reilly's.
I needed some to top off ...but would have filled it with this fluid if I needed to. Any parts place should be able to provide this....the guy went straight to it when I asked about this type of oil ! Good Luck !

Wes J

You don't want to buy the Bobcat brand oil for $16/gallon?

I used AW46 in mine. They used to spec 10W-30 also, but most manufacturers no longer spec engine oil for hydraulics due to the modern detergents.