• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic fluid

Palmer78

The last time I changed the hydraulic fluid in my mini I used Chevron Rando 46. It's about time to change it again and I already have a bucket of Napa AW 46, and the Napa stuff is only $40 per 5 gallon bucket and not to mention they're right down the street from me. Since hydraulic fluid is the most important fluid in a mini I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Napa stuff and if it's any good. My mini specs ISO 46. What does everyone else put in their minis?

lantraxco

My NAPA guys tell me that their oils are sourced from Valvoline, though they can't guarantee the additive packages are the same as big V oil. Any good AW 46 should be fine. My personal favorite is Deere Hygard, but that's just me.

brockwellauto

Can anyone tell me what kind of hydraulic fluid I should be using in my 1996 link belt 2800Q? I have been using hydraulic fluid from oreilly auto parts and it's call tractor 303, and every since I put it in it been leaking a lot faster and after I run it for a little while it seems like my tracks get weaker. It doesn't want to go foward or backwards very good. If I let it cool down for about 30 min it works good again for a little while. Almost like when the fluid gets hot it gets way to thin. Please give me advice?

maddog

I agree with Lantraxco, you live in TN you need at least AW46, when I lived up north I used AW32(I believe that was the next lower #) only because it was so cold. Now I'm down here I use the AW46, get mine from TSC