1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic fluid in Wacker RT Wheels?

Discussion in 'Rollers' started by Parts, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Parts

Parts Well-Known Member

Its been wet so I haven't had a chance to look at it - but our diesel Wacker RT trench roller (remote controlled) seems to have a little hydraulic fluid pooling up in the back wheels. Is this a common issue or something I need to really investigate?

2. DoyleX

DoyleX Senior Member

Lever Puller, Gear Jammer, Pipe Twister
    How long has it been since you pulled the drums, covers and changed the oil in the drive and shakers? If the rest of the machine is good fix it. The #1 problem for those is lack of maintenance on the drive, shaker and drum.

I'd do it now! There is a few hoses that go into the drums and you have one not happy. Search the model and the parts and op/maintenance manuals are online.

3. Parts

Parts Well-Known Member

Oh it runs beautifully but I don't know when the maintainance inside the wheels was done last. I just researched and it looks like 10W-30 goes in the wheel gearboxes. The fluid I felt seemed more like hydraulic fluid. So you say there could be a hose hanging up in there? Could it be a leaking hydraulic motor or are those located somewhere else?