• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic Fluid in engine oil??? D4H 3204DI

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Thanks for the photos Mark.

Going the dye route I would suggest to put loads of red dye in the hydraulic tank and nothing in the transmission. For some reason, at least in my experience, the red dye seems to stain better than the blue.

Dave Neubert

That would narrow it down to what pump is leaking but I believe you will still have to replace the rear seal on the engine. I have had the rear seal cause this before

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
That would narrow it down to what pump is leaking but I believe you will still have to replace the rear seal on the engine. I have had the rear seal cause this before
I guess if one was going to all the effort of pulling the converter to gain access to the flywheel and rear seal of the engine reinstalling either of the pumps without replacing all seals and orings in them would not be a way to save a few dollars!