• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic cylinder kits

Brandon_M

Occupation
Self employed
I am trying to get a cylinder rebuild kit for the steering cylinder. It’s a phase 1 580k 4x4, but everywhere I look asks if it’s after serial # **20000. But im not sure which it is, am I reading my serial number wrong, what I believe I see is **422591. Which is 8 #’s & the other is only 7. So would that be before or after?

Brandon_M

Occupation
Self employed
Thanks Tinkerer, according do that it’s “the old style”. Would anyone happen to know where to get that rebuild kit? Every site I try only has for the after jj**20000.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
For most of the backhoe steering I've been into, the steer cylinders weren't repairable. Either they were damaged beyond repair or they got damaged beyond repair just trying to get them apart.

Brandon_M

Occupation
Self employed
John C That really wasn’t what I was looking to hear. But at least you prepared me for the damage to my wallet.

45auto

John C That really wasn’t what I was looking to hear. But at least you prepared me for the damage to my wallet.
Looks like you want rebuild kit N14622, e-backhoe shows them for $150.

Attachments

• C1.PNG
    C1.PNG
    164.5 KB · Views: 22
  • C2.PNG
    C2.PNG
    258.9 KB · Views: 17

Brandon_M

Occupation
Self employed
My steering cylinder is different from that in the picture. Mine has like 4 all thread type bolts on the outside that run from one end cap to the other.

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
My steering cylinder is different from that in the picture. Mine has like 4 all thread type bolts on the outside that run from one end cap to the other.

The type of cylinder you are describing is usually found on 2wd models ???
Does this look like the one?

580K 2wd steering.png

Brandon_M

Occupation
Self employed
Yeah that looks like it, the best I remember. Maybe I’m confused let me take another look tomorrow & I’ll post on here to let you guys know.

Brandon_M

Occupation
Self employed
Ok that’s my bad, that is not the hydraulic cylinder on my 580k. It has a hydraulic steering cylinder that has 3 Allen head bolts on the face of the cap that holds the gland on. Anyone know the part# for the rebuild kit? I can’t find it on the case parts store

Brandon_M

Occupation
Self employed
Thanks Tinkerer, I’m pretty sure the one 45auto mentioned is it. For some reason I was thinking mine had a different steering cylinder on it but after looking at it again I believe it matches that one. Thanks again guys

Bote

I've got the 85805990 seal kit on order for my 580M. The wiper on the left side is cut and protruding. I recently removed the tierod assemblies and don't think I applied enough force to cause the cylinder leak but it wasn't leaking before. Hopefully it's rebuildable.

Wildraccoon

I am trying to get a cylinder rebuild kit for the steering cylinder. It’s a phase 1 580k 4x4, but everywhere I look asks if it’s after serial # **20000. But im not sure which it is, am I reading my serial number wrong, what I believe I see is **422591. Which is 8 #’s & the other is only 7. So would that be before or after?