• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic concrete chainsaw

pondo

Hi Guy
I am doing concrete demolition of machine bases ie large lathes and presses. Customer is having floors saw cut but only 10" depth and finding 15" thick floor plus foundation walls.
I run mini ex with breaker and fight thru most of it...but real pain
I have a gas concrete chain ICS that worked great outdoors on thick walls...would be great to make few cuts here or there....but motor runs two cycle on tons of oil 25-1. No way could be run indoors.
The same manufacturer makes a hydraulic version....

But don't need it that much to justify Another $2500 saw...

First can I run it off aux hydraulic off mini (just as hydraulic power Pack )
More than enough flow and psi...

2nd could I fab a system/saw using hydraulic Motor and steal bar chain off my current saw to make my own hydraulic saw?

Thxs

pondo

Yes. There is lrg "professional " company that cuts the floor. They cut to depth of mostly 10".
But that still leave me where they didn't feel like cutting all the way thru plus these are old factories with lots old piers and barried walls.
Not complaining as this is always time and material :)
but it is still frustrating to fight to do a job and customer is always watching :(

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Our local company in little old Duluth cuts 36" with circle saws and have hyd chainsaws also. We do have some mills around with thick concrete though.

pondo

Hi old iron
How do like hydraulic chainsaw?
What model do u use ?
How do u like it?
What do u power chainsaw with?
Thxs

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
We hire most of our concrete cutting out. I have never paid much attention to what equipment manufacturers they were using. I get stuck in the office way to much. I am traveling Monday but I will give them a call and see what I can find out for you.

I sent you a PM with their web address. Good people there. You might give them a call.

Last edited: