• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Husquvarna still or Ecco

Aceofspades

Scoff at the Echo stuff, but I’m growing attached to my Japanese CS-590. Bought it for a job last summer and was hoping to get one season from it. It’s awesome. I was able to remove the anti-tamper screws and adjust the carb properly. Muffler was easy to modify. Stihl and their silly electronic carburetors. That’s fine if there is a Stihl dealer within reasonable distance. I can buy Echo parts on Amazon.
Love my 620 echo (pretty much the same as the 590). Found a new 461 Stihl last fall and jumped on it as it's not m-tronic. I like it so far. Never had a husky, maybe I'll try one next time.

treemuncher

Occupation
eatin' trees, poopin' chips
I have an Echo pole saw. Likely the best starting engine of all the 2 strokes that I own. VERY dependable.

Aceofspades

I have an Echo pole saw. Likely the best starting engine of all the 2 strokes that I own. VERY dependable.
I forgot, I have one of those too, a PPT-2620H lol, as well as some other echo stuff. I'm a big fan. The only thing I bought from them that I wouldn't recommend is a cs-400.

Legdoc

I use Stihl at my ranch and have 4 professional chain saws one of which is 22 years old, a brush cutter, pole saw edger and blower. They all run great. The trick is to do maintenance, run non ethanol fuel, and always let them warm up prior to going to high speed to help prevent piston scuffing. Like it has been said many times on this forum you need a local dealer you can trust. You will need chains, bars, blades...

Randy88

Its not just Iowa, its many states near me have similar laws on the books and getting more every day. Its not so much the state as the towns and cities within each state that will determine what becomes law in those areas, we still as of yet have open burning in most rural area's, many states don't and haven't for years/decades.

As for worrying about something that probably won't come, doubt it will come locally, more like on a national level would be a guess then forcing your state into compliance might be closer to how it might go, but since that's political, we don't have to worry about discussing it, but that whole radical thinking in other areas, turns out the west has many forest fires that seem to be an issue for air quality in the rest of the country and I do believe its being discussed, time will tell just what comes out of it...............if its anything like most areas, first in order to save those tree's, they need to ban burning wood..............yes that's the answer, then forest fires will be a thing of the past........crazy how some think isn't it??