• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Howdy from washington

Moose84

Hey guys. Figured I would introduce myself. I’m a mechanic for the DOT in western Washington. Run a service truck on the side for a logging road building company. Been wrenching for 15 years.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Don't scare us like that! Say The State of Washington!

Just kidding, welcome to the forum!

Crummy

They are like Locusts though, once they are done here they will go to the coast and take your plastic straws away. For your own good, of course.

Welcome to the forum.

Moose84

Ok I can ask around. The guy I work for on the side doesn’t log. He is contracted by Weyerhaeuser to build there logging roads. Well Weyerhaeuser isn’t much of a logging company anymore anyway more of a property management company.

JPV

Welcome, got a few of of us working in the same area, I am also a mechanic for a road building outfit in Western Washington based in Cathlamet, we work for Weyerhaeuser among others, probably have seen you out there. I worked for our county road department as an operator/mechanic for 7 years and did side work also, finally just gave up on the government work and haven't missed it so far 6 years later.

Moose84

I work out of Raymond but have a place a take care of in naselle also. You know the government gig isn’t bad but I have times I wish I was just running my own service truck.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Hey guys. Figured I would introduce myself. I’m a mechanic for the DOT in western Washington. Run a service truck on the side for a logging road building company. Been wrenching for 15 years.

I did not know that DOT repaired anything. They only inspect and ground trucks here if serious issues are found. Please educate me a bit more on your job.

Moose84

That would be the scales I am a mechanic for the road maintenance side of the dot. Work on everything from snow and ice equipment to dump trucks to heavy equipment. Also have John Deere mowers to maintain the shoulders of the highways, and paving equipment.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Back in my service manager days at a dealer we had to guarantee repair service in less than 24 hours from first call for three years from date of delivery down there. There was a special line in the bid forms for that. Seems that might make your job pretty boring:)