1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How to search forums?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sturgill, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Sturgill

Sturgill Member

Owner/operator
    I'm trying so search any info and discussions about Cat D5K2 dozers. When I search Cat D5K2 I get a message that its too short or too long or not enough detail. Whats the best way to search for a particular model equipment?
    Thanks for the help
    Shawn

2. Birken Vogt

Birken Vogt Charter Member

Sometimes Google is a better way to search a site than the site itself.

Type this into Google.

site:heavyequipmentforums.com Cat D5K2

Then Google will return everything on this site it knows about with those words in it.

Delmer likes this.
  3. digger242j

digger242j Administrator

Self employed excavator
    Birken is right about the Google search. It'll often turn up results the site's own search function won't.

The thing about the site's search function is that your search term has to be more than three characters. My understanding is that for the software to catalog all the search terms of three characters or fewer it would eat up a ton of memory and slow everything else down. That's why it's set the way it is.

BTW, if you search just for " D5K2 ", the site's own search function will return 20 results. (Well, now it'll probably return 21...)

4. Wytruckwrench

Wytruckwrench Well-Known Member

I have been having the same problem trying to search for Bobcat 442. Maybe I will try a different browser.