• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

how to remove support and pilot on cat 953 track assembly

wayman

I have removed four bolts from the back and two in the front and have inserted the four bolts to remove the support but it isn't budging. Any suggestions.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
1st suggestion would be to supply a Serial Number.
2nd would be post a photo showing what you are trying to remove, because your explanation is not clear. Are you by any chance trying to remove the track tensioner and recoil mechanism..?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Now I get it. See the attachment for removal of the equalizer bar end support. If forcing screws won't get it maybe a little heat might be called for. More than likely the last person in there forgot to use anti-seize between the support and the track frame.
I've seen a combination of heating the track frame and then hitting the inside of the bushing with a CO2 fire extinguisher to shrink it rapidly work also.

Attachments

• Equalizer Bar Supports.pdf
    829.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

wayman

update - 2 days later and with the help of a rose bud, 3/4 inch break over, 6 ft. cheater pipe, 10 ton porta-power hydraulic pump, 3 lb. sledge hammer and 3f ft. long 3/4 inch solid steel bar and it finally give up. Oh also lots of w d 40 and lots of patience. lol Hope this will help someone else. Thanks