• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How to remove Oil Pan from 580B CK

1968 Case 580CK

I did a search, but found no information on how to remove an oil pan from an older Case 580B. This discussion is on the early 580 B CK, year 1968.....but probably covers most of the 70 models.

I want to remove the oil pan and inspect the oil pump screen, and clean everything well, as it probably has not been off in over 30 years. Here are a few pics which makes it appear that you have to remove some of the front axle supports in order to drop the pan down. I hope the experts will comment and give us the simpliest way to do this.

Here is the ole lady (she's been rode hard and hung up wet):
April 2015 Case Repairs 024.jpg

Oil pan pics:

April 2015 Case Repairs 358.jpg

April 2015 Case Repairs 359.jpg

April 2015 Case Repairs 363.jpg

April 2015 Case Repairs 070.jpg

If it turns out not to be an extremely difficult job to take the oil pan off, I plan to do it and post more pics of the process to help others down the road.

All advice is appreciated.