• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How to remove leaking track adjuster cylinder on Takeuchi TL140

69zfarmer

I am pretty sure my right track adjuster is leaking grease causing track to be loose. I cant see the leak but there is grease everywhere in the access hole for the grease zerk. The zerk is not leaking. I pumped it up yesterday and the idler assembly moved back about 1/8" in 24 hours with the machine just sitting there.
I know you have to remove track and idler assembly to get to it. But then how does the cylinder come out to repair it? I don't see any bolts holding it in. Please Help!

Attachments

• 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 14
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 16

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
When you remove the idler - the track recoil spring will come out together with it.
Not 100% sure if the adjuster will come with it - if it doesn't, just reach in & pull it out.
The track tension holds everything in place.

skata

It could just be that the last time someone changed the track , they just let the grease make a mess.
To change the track, you take out the grease nipple and push the front idler in, which squeezes all the grease out of the cylinder. In order to not make such a mess, take the grease nipple out and insert a piece of pipe into the hole. Then the grease squeezes out thru the pipe.

heymccall

Using a 19mm 6pt deep socket, tighten the zerk fitting up (after removing the access cover).
Grease in fill area....loose or damaged fitting.
Grease on inside of track and 2nd bottom roller....adjuster rod seal leak.