• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How to Rebuild the Backhoe Control Valves - 580CK with Model 33 Backhoe

onemank6

68 heres a better shot of the fuel gauge bracket you can see on both sides the spring type ground straps and when this is put over the back of the gauge there is pretty good pressure on both sides so it has to get ground.also you can see the white insulators in the holes where the mounting studs come threw the holes so it dont short out
DSCN0498.jpg

Last edited:

Juskatla

Occupation
Retired
580CK Brothers: Ya, I took the bath today, not hydraulic oil but laying under the machine in the mud and power washing the crud off everything underneath. Hot oil would not have been nicer either... I especially like the gobs of dirty grease on my raingear when I went back into the shop and rubbed up against the white shop entrance door. GoJo to the rescue.

1968 Case 580CK

Xpac......As I recall, the end of the fuel cable was held to the block with a real small nut (maybe a square end), and it just applied pressure to the cable. Im glad you sent this pic.......when I look at some pics I took, it looks like I did not even see and use this engine-mounted hold down bracket......you can see the new black cable in the background, and it is not hooked up to it. So I need to go back and try to get it mounted to it. There is another small screw that holds the wire near the end.

580CK Fuel Filters Oct 2015 019.jpg

This pic shows the small screw that bites down on the end of the shut-off wire.
580CK Bell Housing 079.jpg

1968 Case 580CK

Xpac.....good pic of the fuel gauge mounting bracket. Mine did not have those friction clamp/ground brackets. I still need to pull the front square cover and try to run a ground up to the back of the gauge and see it that allows the gauge to work.

1968 Case 580CK

580CK Brothers: Ya, I took the bath today, not hydraulic oil but laying under the machine in the mud and power washing the crud off everything underneath. Hot oil would not have been nicer either... I especially like the gobs of dirty grease on my raingear when I went back into the shop and rubbed up against the white shop entrance door. GoJo to the rescue.

Xpac......What do you say, is Juskatla now an official member of the Oil and Goo on Face & Body Club? (You had another name for it). I vote "yea". Plus, give him a big E for Effort for crawling in the mud and spraying upward on the tractor's belly.......bonus points if he did it without safety glasses. Ha ha, hee hawww.https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/images/smilies/lmao.gif

onemank6

I have that second inner cable screw its that one on the block on mine thats cobbled maybe Jusk has one on his he can get a pic of thanks

onemank6

Ahhh the (OIL BATH BROTHERHOOD) shes a dirty club but i do believe Jusk is all in. My carharts got water proofed from all the grease that got on them and like Jusk says the mud you get to lay in and pools of water oh joy .And the best ones are the ones where the grease sticks so well you have to push it the length of the tractor with the pressure washer to get it to fall off.

1968 Case 580CK

xpac........Thats the name.....Oil Bath Brotherhood "OBB". Most of the people on this site probably qualify to join the OBB.......hey, charge a buck per head, and you will be richer than President Donald Trump.

onemank6

Your probably right if you own these old birds your gonna work on them and get dirty and i would bet most on this site have been there.