• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How to Rebuild the Backhoe Control Valves - 580CK with Model 33 Backhoe

onemank6

DSCN0485.jpg
another shot where the bolt is is where the notched brake lever hooks

Last edited:

Juskatla

Occupation
Retired
xpack, Your diff lock and parking brake is exactly the same as mine. I have to clean up under there before any pics will show anything other than grease and dirt. I did get the loader and tractor degreased and power washed this afternoon. Still some more tomorrow if its not too nasty out.

onemank6

68 never mind the second bracket i see yours mounted on the torque tube how about the frist one do you have that one the linkage goes threw

onemank6

xpack, Your diff lock and parking brake is exactly the same as mine. I have to clean up under there before any pics will show anything other than grease and dirt. I did get the loader and tractor degreased and power washed this afternoon. Still some more tomorrow if its not too nasty out.

JUSK I know that is a nasty job but well worth it did you get her to fire up or just cleaning right now

Juskatla

Occupation
Retired
Unfortunately, after new fuel, filters, bleeding the system and putting brand new industrial batteries in for starting, it will only crank a bit and then stop, Rather than spend hours outside on this possible hydro lock or starter issue, I will just go ahead and finish as much cleaning as possible then move it inside. If I can't get the hoe off first, we will roll it to the back of the shop and drop it there. Moving should not be too bad once we get underway. Once inside I can work away regardless of what is going on outside. I have tomorrow and then we head back to our home for Christmas, so this will likely become a New Years move.

onemank6

1968 Case 580CK

Unfortunately, after new fuel, filters, bleeding the system and putting brand new industrial batteries in for starting, it will only crank a bit and then stop, Rather than spend hours outside on this possible hydro lock or starter issue, I will just go ahead and finish as much cleaning as possible then move it inside. If I can't get the hoe off first, we will roll it to the back of the shop and drop it there. Moving should not be too bad once we get underway. Once inside I can work away regardless of what is going on outside. I have tomorrow and then we head back to our home for Christmas, so this will likely become a New Years move.

Juskatal/Xpac......Im wondering if you could disconnect the hydraulic lines to the pump, and then try starting......maybe that would relieve any pressure causing the hydro locking, and allow the diesel to start? Maybe the valve is locking up under the loader control handle, or maybe the quick-disconnect to the backhoe is off?

onemank6

If your gonna play with it tomorrow you might give her a little shot of starting fluid i used to do that on mine when it was real cold and wouldnt turn over good and fast and it usually fired it up just a thought but also you might check this first to make sure one of the 2 main lines hasnt come uncoupled where the backhoe lines hook to the 2 tractor lines if one has come loose it can ruin your pump im told and from experience of doing it i know it will make the motor turn over very hard if at all..sometimes i have seen them look like they are coupled but when you pull on them they arent???/ just some quick ideas

Last edited:

Juskatla

Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the suggestions, Everything looks good, but tomorrow, I'll go over it again. I am reluctant to start into too much when its only 50' from the shop door. I could pull the injectors, but I'd rather leave it together until I have light, heat and a clean floor under it. When I do get this going, I'll post on the Project thread to keep it all in one place. Its dark now, so for tomorrow, I'll finish the degreasing and have another look at everything.

onemank6

Thanks for the suggestions, Everything looks good, but tomorrow, I'll go over it again. I am reluctant to start into too much when its only 50' from the shop door. I could pull the injectors, but I'd rather leave it together until I have light, heat and a clean floor under it. When I do get this going, I'll post on the Project thread to keep it all in one place. Its dark now, so for tomorrow, I'll finish the degreasing and have another look at everything.

Sounds good JUSK i know its a pain outside when its cold out i will be watching your project post

onemank6

Juskatal/Xpac......Im wondering if you could disconnect the hydraulic lines to the pump, and then try starting......maybe that would relieve any pressure causing the hydro locking, and allow the diesel to start? Maybe the valve is locking up under the loader control handle, or maybe the quick-disconnect to the backhoe is off?

68 are you tempting Jusk to join the oil bath brotherhood:nono

1968 Case 580CK

Ok 68 so i think what you have missing is the bracket with the longgated slot cut into it and the linkage which is all 1 piece it has the round stock (handle part) welded to the flatstock with the ribs so im thinking there are only 2 parts you need.If Dale has it i will get it for you

Xpac....Sure, you can ask "Dial" if he has any of the parking brake pieces. But I highly doubt it since he already told me that he would let me know if he dug one up someplace. If he does, just have him hold it and he can contact me via email or phone whenever he has time (some weeks he is really swampped). Thanks for the big help.

onemank6

DSCN0511.jpg
68 this is a crappy pic but what it is supposed to be is where the fuel cutoff cable attaches to the engine block im pretty sure someone cobbled this on mine it is located kinda behind the fuel filter what is your clamp look like thanks