• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How to prevent steamy windows?

emmett518

I use my hoe to plow snow. Until the cab heats up, the windows steam up something fierce.
Any suggestions other than waiting for the heat to come up?

thanks

aighead

Spit, like in your mask when snorkeling!

I thought there were products out there, but unfortunately I don't remember any of them.

Tinkerer

Rainx Anti fog works also.
I worked on hazmat jobs that required full face masks and a very thin coating of Dawn dish soap worked well.
The best thing is a tank style block heater. You will have heat in the cab as soon as you start the engine.

HarleyHappy

Occupation
Welder/Mechanic
On my back window I drilled a couple of holes so I can lower the top window 2” and that helps a lot.

Delmer

I don't think you have a fresh air intake to the heater on that? any car will have fresh air and recirculate functions to prevent fogging up the inside windows. They'll turn on the AC with the defrost on also. In the north we don't always understand all that's required in other climates, because I think there has been one time in my life I had to turn on the defrost to clear the inside of a windshield. Your backhoe probably doesn't have vents aimed at the windshield either. Sometimes there was a mounted fan you could aim at the windshield, but that still needed some warm dry air inside to work. Without a fresh air intake, opening a window is the best you can do.

Tinkerer

We used to apply a super thin film of it on the inside of full face mask respirators. It works quite well.
I wouldn't want to do it on a windshield tho.
It would take a long time to learn how to wipe enough off and still leave enough on to prevent fogging.
If tooo much was left on, it would interfere with a clear view.