• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How to move an ex the dangerous way

Blacksmoke07

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
that looks like one of the two big ol' hoe's that one guy on here bought for like 30,000 for both of um

mitch504

Blacksmoke, That PC650 was older, had a smashed toolbox, and most importantly, DouglasCo's machines were shovels, not hoes.

I'm suprised those little pieces of plywood protected the pavement.

Hendrick, I didn't really see anything dangerous except the traffic going by, what did I miss?

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Blacksmoke, That PC650 was older, had a smashed toolbox, and most importantly, DouglasCo's machines were shovels, not hoes.

I'm suprised those little pieces of plywood protected the pavement.

Hendrick, I didn't really see anything dangerous except the traffic going by, what did I miss?

the amount of track on the trailer maybe..........

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
Aside from the lack of traffic protection, looked okay, and the guy with the shorts has the hustle.

heavylift

yea a wider trailer maybe... unless he lost all his outriggers and lumber to thieves
Heck maybe the plywood was for his outriggers... maybe he pawned his outriggers to buy fuel

maddog

I didn't see anything wrong with what they did. Worked a heck of a lot faster and more efficient then most gument{town, county or state} employs in this area.

and the guy with the shorts has the hustle

He was really runnin is butt off.

Hendrik

I didn't see anything wrong with what they did. Worked a heck of a lot faster and more efficient then most gument{town, county or state} employs in this area.

and the guy with the shorts has the hustle

He was really runnin is butt off.
Yeah trying to get the job done quickly before the safety police came and put a stop to the madness.
And remember that there is a difference between working in the back woods and working on a public road, what are you gonna say when hustle man is roadkill?
I hate working on public roads, you can put out all the cones and signs you want, there is still some idiot that is gonna speed through the work site.
Ohh yeah have a look at part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrH7bV8PSmw&feature=related and see hustle man stand between the truck and trailer.
Wonder why insurance is so expensive?

Last edited:

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
If I spent that much time on safety I wouldn't never get anything moved. The driver couldn't of hit the guy between the truck and trailer if he wanted to.

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
The facts come out, its actually an elaborate plywood theft.

grandpa

If I spent that much time on safety I wouldn't never get anything moved. The driver couldn't of hit the guy between the truck and trailer if he wanted to.

Well, thats about the way I feel too, but I've been fined for everyone of the items I listed.... what makes me mad is everyone says they can't get nothin done if you do it according to the law..... and I have to compete against the likes of that..... foul, foul foul.

DrJim

Occupation
General Dentist, including Implant Restorations
Dangerous? I'll show you dangerous. . .

OK, guys, lighten up a little. These guys think this is funny. "Hehehehehe". I believe I would have been running a little faster.

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twgxQg9FJc4&NR=1[/url]

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
Indeed, looks like shifting the dozer back took all the weight off the drivers and that the trailer didn't have any brakes or blocks. Oops, well, its off the trailer.

Bob Horrell

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner/Operator grading business
We had to move an excavator that way for about a half a mile. There were 4 guys on the ground, one at each end of the tracks. The guy in the rear picked up the plywood and put it on the track, and the guy in the front took it off and placed it in front (no carrying from rear to front - the track did the work). It worked so smooth that the operator only stopped the excavator a couple times so the guys could swap places front to rear. Much harder job lifting plywood up and on the track in the rear than taking it off in the front.

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I was expecting to see the machine slip off the trailer. Really the only thing dangerous is they didn't have vests on and the guy in shorts didn't have steel toes on. I'm surprised though that they had to take the stick off altogether usually the counterweight and bucket gets the weight down enough, but then again I'm not familiar with the weight laws in the 'States.