• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How to install final drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

jimpad

Anyone have some tricks/ideas on how to get final drive installed. I cannot get it to go back in the hole... it goes right up to the shoulder and no further. I've greased it poured oil on it, tightened the bolts till i'm afraid the flange will break off, beat on it, jacked it up and it just won't go. If anyone knows a trick i'd really appreciate it. It's on a takeuchi tl140 ctl.

jimpad

Yes. I'm guessing it's just cocked a bit but I'm out of ideas. Bore is clean, shoulder is clean, just can't get it started.

TVA

OK, I need to talk to you some more’why did you remove that final drive?

TVA

Try to install two al threads one on top one on bottom, as a guides, to help you keep that thing straight.
But I need to talk to you about reason why did you removed it.

TVA

Little cocked will get you jammed, and the more you trying to push that thing in - the more effort it’ll take to take it out.

jimpad

Had a bad face seal. I haven't jammed it yet, i can still easily break it loose.

jimpad

Not sure what you mean. I put gear oil in the gearbox section.

jimpad

Do you mean when I initially disassembled did i find hydraulic fluid in the gearbox? I don't think so... how would I tell the difference between hydraulic and gear oil?

TVA

Do you mean when I initially disassembled did i find hydraulic fluid in the gearbox? I don't think so... how would I tell the difference between hydraulic and gear oil?
The hydraulic oil a lot thinner, I just wanna make sure that your not having case drain issues you don’t even suspect!

TVA

Check the breather on top the hydraulic tank, it must not be plugged. I know that TL 130 doesn’t have case drain filters but it would be good idea to check your machine and if you have it you need to inspect them.

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
How hard did it come out? I'm wondering if something inside the final shifted and its not lining up right, is the planetary off?

jimpad

The oil was thick like gear oil and the level hadn't risen so i think i'm good.

jimpad

Came out pretty hard which i thought was due to corrossion. I've got the planetary and motor completely assembled together and just trying to get it mounted back to ctl.

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
possible to use a red dragon to heat up the housing to a couple hundred degrees?

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
Maybe give the inner bore a brush with a flap wheel to polish it up a bit, maybe it has a rock ding?

jimpad

Not really. I'm by myself and it takes me bout 45 mins to get the drive in place so i think any heat would've cooled in that time. Thanks though

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
well, barring creating a fire big enough that the FD shows up to help install your final, how about a precision look over, really go over the bore with a close eye and find where its hanging up, polish a few thou off that area and try again, drive should have some scratches too.

TVA

Did you plugged all holes right after you pulled the hoses off? If you didn’t you gonna need to clean everything! It is closed loop system the oil is not really goes back to tank, it’s goes around, the loopflush has very small flow to tank. If you have dirt in motor or hoses you will damage both motor and pump!
And unless you have pressure washed the location of fittings spotless you will contaminate the system - it’s impossible not to! Believe me I gust replaced pump on TL130 Wright after replacing motor.