• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How to get an hour meter fixed?

RenoHuskerDu

The hour meter for my 4BT in a Mauldin M413XT is inoperative. Anybody know someone I can send it to for repair?

Pic so you know what the machine is...

image.jpg image_9.jpg

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Probably easier to buy a new one. Our old Alitec has the same dash. They mounted the new meter in the engine compartment

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
You could try this guy ZLincolnhol@calderbrothers.com I have been talking to him about our new machine. They have changed the dash on the newer ones. Our 2012 and 2014 have the gauges overhead, and the hour meter is digital. The new one if it ever gets here has a tablet like screen. But like I said, the Alitec has the same dash as your machine, so they might be available.

RenoHuskerDu

Do you have the wiring diagram for this machine so you can tell what sends power to this meter? It could be something as simple as a bad sender or a broken wire.

Ah, I wish I had a wiring diagram. For now it's just me tracing wires around. Yet to attack that one, just did a full PM as that's more important.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Ah, I wish I had a wiring diagram. For now it's just me tracing wires around. Yet to attack that one, just did a full PM as that's more important.
Have you tried to see if the dealer can provide the manual? If you intend on keeping and using this machine for any length of time having one would to me be a very good investment. I can guarantee that this will not be the last time something stops working!

Tinkerer

Unfortunately the manual I have has shi#y wiring diagram. The wire codes don't show the hour meter for some stupid reason.
It might be worth trying to purchase a paper copy of the manual. Maybe.
colors.png harness.png
Do you happen to have this manual ? It isn't the one I took the above images from.
man.png

Last edited:

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I found an online manual with the diagram like the one above but could not read any of the info as it was blurry just like that one! Wonder if the company did that on purpose?

RenoHuskerDu

Wouldn't be hard to trace. The machine has no electronics. I would just go aftermarket. The one on our Alitec has not worked in years.

That is my plan. The guy whose email you gave me earlier just told me to call the dealer in Austin. We all hate Austin, it's like a little Cali in the middle of Texas. And that dealer never called me back anyway.

I'm going to mount one under the hood. Was unsuccessful in finding one thin enough to mount on the pod.