• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How to figure cost?

dirtpig

Occupation
truck manager
Recently was approached to semo an old warehouse. The height of the building runs from 12 to 22 feet in a up drop up drop pattern with 25 of these 40ft sections.Tin and skyligts are on the up fronts. The tin is in 40ft pieces. with 1x6 on 12 inch centers running parralel with the tin. 2x6's are under the 1x6s on 3ft center and all up on post with some heavy support lumber. Any guess to the lbs per sq. ft this will weigh. the tin is nailed and cleated to the 1x6s. So thinking tear down and bale to cut down on trips to land fill or burn sight. Some pipe and sprinklers from fire suppression system to be removed. No concrete or foundation work except some rotten 2x6 pier and beam floor. Any suggestions on time per 1000 sq ft and equipment needed.

nitrox2595

got a picture? I wold use a 200 size machine with a grapple. the tin is not worth much, but still a little pocket change.

Turbo21835

Bigger is better in some cases. I think this is one of those. I would co with a 30 0r 40 ton machine. Grapple is what I would prefer, but bucket and thumb will work too. What kind of skylights do you have? More importantly, how old? You may have asbestos caulk, or even window panes.

I cant help you with weight on the wood. The biggest thing about wood around here is chewing it up small enough so you can get good weight in your trucks. Then again, our trucks can gross out at 164K. Just start chewing the wood up. Track on it. Make it as small as you can. Around here if its clean wood, no tar, drywall, insulation, you can take it to someone that will grind it for mulch. They dont charge as much as a landfill.

Metals. Your going to have a little copper in there. Some wire, maybe some plumbing. Fire sprinkler pipe and tin can all go to your local scrap yard. Call them and have them send you out a roll off. Tin not worth much? Depends on how much you have. Lately we have been getting $280 a ton for mixed iron.