1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

how to delete page within thread

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mark250, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Mark250

Mark250 Senior Member

heavy equipment technician
    Hi,I recently posted a reply to a thread in the dozer section and made a mistake for some reason I was not able to either clear the reply or delete the page that i had posted'
    I tried to edit it a few minutes after I realised my error but was unable to change it
    also how do I include a page from another thread into a different section of the forum?
    this is what I tried to remove

Sorry I stuffed this post up
    Mark
    View attachment 182267
    View attachment 182268
    View attachment 182269

Last edited: Yesterday at 5:17 PM
    Mark250, Yesterday at 4:55 PM Report
    #41 + Quote Reply

2. digger242j

digger242j Administrator

Self employed excavator
    Users should have an hour to "edit" posts (make changes to the post), themselves. Any later than that and a staff member can still edit them, but to actually "delete" one (make a post disappear altogether), it takes a staff member.

I looked at what you'd posted and deleted the one you stuffed up.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here.

3. kshansen

kshansen Senior Member

Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
    Mark250 said:
    also how do I include a page from another thread into a different section of the forum?

Not sure if there is a "correct method" but what about just doing a simple copy and past thing?

Or use the "+quote" thing over to the right at the bottom of the page? Not sure if that will carry over images or attached files.

4. Mark250

Mark250 Senior Member

Thanks Digger for deleting the post. it was annoying that no matter what i tried i could not remove the attachments
    Mark
    hi Ken thanks for your reply ,yes I can copy and paste but the post doesn't look like it has been quoted as compared to when you use the quote button.
    Mark

5. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

Mark; How much of a page are you wanting to post in another thread ? Would taking a screenshot of a page accomplish what you are wanting to do ?
    I use a software program to do it --like this. 2018-06-11_073830mark.png

6. Mark250

Mark250 Senior Member

Thanks Tinkerer,thats probably how I will do it in the future
    Mark