• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How old is your truck?Pics please!!

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
trucks

I was just wondering how old everyones truck is, and how long you keep it. Ours is a 1997, it is in really good shape as we don't put many miles on it. We have added many extras, and anytime I go thru DOT they say how nice it is. I thought maybe it would go this year, but with fuel prices and the economy so unstable I think she's here to stay another year!

Here is a link to pics of my truck after some paint last winter.
https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=2978

Just bought this 94 KW T800, it was a road tractor and the previous owner, double framed, installed walker beam suspension, real nice dump bed. I have painted the cab, hood, bed. hooked up the wiring, installed the hood, new seat, tarp system, tires, brakes/drums. the owner installed a almost new
Cat 3176, 13 speed tranny, exhaust work, etc
work in progress

Attachments

• Kenworth 1994 008.jpg
    Kenworth 1994 008.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,174

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
94 kw

Pictures didnt download
I hope this works, this is what it looks like now, before the chrome

Attachments

• Kenworth 1994 019.jpg
    Kenworth 1994 019.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,175
Last edited:

nedly05

Being a tractor conversion,I would imagine its not got heavy suspension, what can you register that truck for down there? Whats the tare weight? Nice paint job! Did you do that yourself?

bethel2000

ya i bought the truck from Bill Gorman......the trucks been working a lot and it had an accident in the front. When did u guys take this picture?

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
ya i bought the truck from Bill Gorman......the trucks been working a lot and it had an accident in the front. When did u guys take this picture?
middle of oct, a friend caught it...i guess you haven't had time to fix the rear fenders or wash it too...oh and i know the rev. BILL he is a member here too!

Attachments

• Hpim3867.jpg
    Hpim3867.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,147
  • IMG_1164.jpg
    IMG_1164.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 1,142

bethel2000

ya its been working a lot like i said we didnt get time to wash it. The first picture on the highway that from a couple of months ago when i hauled someone else trailer. I had to raise the front air bags because my oil pan kept cracking because the truck was too low. Do you have any more picstures of th truck. My driver told me someone took pictures of the truck.

Last edited:

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
Naw those are the only ones i got. But if i see it at SWTR i pop some shots!!

bethel2000

it used to load there a while ago. I haven't loaded in NJ in a long time. The blue truck that Bill had for a while used to be mine. Also do you know if SWTR is hiring companies to move garbage. Because i own a couple of trucks.

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
I have spent an inhumane amount of time in this 1985 Freightliner affectionately named,
"Rattle Star Craplica".

Mar17_0006.jpgdone.jpgice12.jpgmud5.jpgrig1.jpg

pinesd3400

Occupation
anything to bay the bills
snow 2012

Im back barely we suppose to get a big snow end of Oct so my thought (me&another old man) was to lower my tailgate
on my F8 down like a big mud flap to put the sander in, yep he lost his grip and the gate pile drove me in the ground,woke
up in hospitol with wires and tubes stuck in me, so I plow for the town and still on sick leave, but my stuff got ready from
son for 2012 see page 14. So I got a couple more to add. Atleast no more crutches. Sam

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,139
Last edited:

Dualie

well pete atleast your little freightliner is a "hood" the best description i heard of the new freightliners were calling them the frieghtliner cambodia's. cuz they were a horrible place to be like a third world country. also they were driven by people fresh off the boat from said third world country's.