• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How not to take down a silo

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
That's a special kind of stupid.:cool:

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
As he was pounding, I was thinking, when the first slat explodes under pressure it can cut him in half as easy as going any other direction. He was as lucky as he was stupid.

Delmer

Why doesn't anybody use chains to pull over a silo? Knock two 3' holes and run a chain through to pull out the notch from a safe distance and then pull it over with a chain to the top. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzKvwYt3Zyg like this for the bottom. It seems so much safer, and not much work at all. Never done it either way and probably won't, it's not hard to get somebody to salvage them a block at a time around here.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Almost sorry that guy is possibly still available in the gene-pool! That was in reference to the silo idiot!

Now I watched the idiot with the skid-steer! How can someone laugh about abusing an expensive piece of equipment like that?John Deere should find out who these jerks are and disallow any warranty claims for them forever! Same for any insurance company they may have insuring them!

Last edited:

norite

Now I watched the idiot with the skid-steer! How can someone laugh about abusing an expensive piece of equipment like that?John Deere should find out who these jerks are and disallow any warranty claims for them forever! Same for any insurance company they may have insuring them!

Probably a rental unit.