• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How much would this plant cost ?

CaptainAnalyzer

Occupation
Young business owner
This one cost $700,000.

83aee65c77d57f6444cec5246da77d89.jpg

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
All three pieces new will be 1.5 million U.S. I have a very nice used Pegson jaw for sale, still in the shop getting all the little bits fixed on it. It will be $200,000 when all done. I have new skirt belt to do, wireless antenna, control door hinge and she is ready for production......TIO

Snaky

Thank you for the offer, but i'm looking for new ones
The project is in Tunisia, in the heart of the country side, getting spare parts takes too long
so i can't afford repetitive downtimes

Snaky

Can someone suggest an alternative cheaper plant?

can those machines endure 3 shifts a day for prolonged time ?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Unfortunately it's a case of "you get what you pay for" and therefore cheaper and reliable are mutually exclusive in these circumstances.

Also when looking for a new plant make sure the seller knows where it is to be used and equips it with all the options for working in high ambient temperatures. Some years ago I was involved with a plant that went to a hot country and was not correctly equipped. It was a disaster.

Cmark

Can someone suggest an alternative cheaper plant?

can those machines endure 3 shifts a day for prolonged time ?

Is this your first venture into crushing and screening? If it is you need to know that even a brand-fire-new-fresh-out-of-the-box plant is going to need maintenance from day one.

Within 24hrs it's possible that you're going to get torn belts, worn skirt rubbers, collapsed belt rollers, flat wing rollers, broken meshes, rubbed through hoses and any number of other problems which won't be the fault of the machine but largely dependent on the material you're processing and the willingness of the operators to carry out daily maintenance.

If the site is remote, parts are a long way away and you want reliability, you would be well advised to invest in a shipping container for an on site workshop, a welder and a good stock of consumable parts. And someone who knows how to fit them.

Snaky

Cmark

Well the reason why i look like a rookie, is bcs i'm writing this on behalf of my father who don't speak English.
He've been in the crushing and screening for 20 years, he is currently using a 10 years old Italien jaw crusher and 2 french cone crushers (i don't know the brand, i'm an abroad Computer engineering student)

The site is remote away (220 KM from the nearest spare parts seller), therefore we build a huge storage room for parts, there are a lot of rocks here, enough for 20 years of crushing maybe, but the rocks are hard.

I was considering a semester or 2 off to go train on the machines (maybe join the family business :D )

We are going to process hard aggregate (very hard rocks to gravel)

Yes, i'm considering the on site workshop

we have some bad weather too : there is no work in February and Mars due snow and rain (down to -5), and in summer it goes up to 50 C

Based on what i wrote, what do you advise ?, I don't want the total price to exceed 1 m when possible(brand and model)

thank you

Snaky

Nige

Winter : Snow and rain for 2 months
Summer : up to 50 but feels like 60, bcs the mountain is very very rich with Iron which absorb and spread heat somehow (used to be the biggest iron mine in the country)
In law we cannot exceed a certain amount of dust ==>Dust control is necessary

there were many mines in the mountain over the last 150 years, even some World War II battles ==> Ridiculous amount of metals, therefore magnet is a must

It's challenging, there are 2 ups though, the rocks quality is impressive, and there is enough for like 20 years or more

I want : 0-4
4-8
8-14
14-22
final products
with the 4-8 and 8-14 being the most demanded (sold instantly, even before production)

What are my best options for around 1 million dollar for such final products

I really appreciate your help, In Tunisia, you buy what you get, this is my first time with importing, so i'm confused with all the choices

Thank you

Edit : The measures are in mm

Last edited:

Cmark

Based on what i wrote, what do you advise ?, I don't want the total price to exceed 1 m when possible(brand and model)

thank you

As fat as specific models go, I've had experience with Extec and Powerscreen and there wasn't much to choose between them reliability wise. In my opinion, these things are just a bunch of off the shelf parts bolted into a channel iron frame

If you're seriously thinking of investing 1m euro in a crushing/screening operation, I would advise that you make contact with the sales departments of all the major manufacturers. You'll have salesmen on your doorstep within 24hrs. Tell them all exactly what you have in mind. They will give you (exaggerated, to a greater or lesser degree) information on cost/tonne/hr for their products.

Take all their figures as a best case example and then try and work out if your selling price for the finished product in the local market minus your cost price for the raw material and the cost of producing it makes economic sense.

Snaky

Thank you very much for your replies
just bare me little longer :D

My father is in Tunisia (owner of the company), most companies don't have representative there, only small dealers for spare (not a single one have new machines on shelf), for this reason making contact with multiple sales mangers is no realistic option, we are considering visiting exhibition in the UK next year though.

as for costs :
It should be profitable, the market need small gravel and the prices between 2 and 10 euros per ton. some companies order 100.000 euros commands to be delivered as soon as possible.
The biggest problem is the downtime, cuz it takes too long to get parts and who can fix it since the site is in one of the poorest states (time = money as you know).
For the raw material costs, i pay couple thousands euros for borrowing the mountain from the government per month, regardless of how much i produce (this is another reason why downtime is fatal)
Side question : does anyone have an idea on the reputation of the Turkish machines ?

Sorry if i'm disturbing you with my ignorance :drinkup haha

theironoracle

Occupation
Snaky,

Do you have to have track mounted plants? Wheel mounted plants have lower cost per ton, greater uptime and better parts availability. Where the track plants shine is if your moving them constantly. Off the top of my head without crunching the all the unknown numbers I would say if it has to be moved more often than weekly go track otherwise go wheel mount. TIO

theironoracle

Occupation
Snaky,

If I was crushing in that area of the world , IMHO, the best product you could buy would be nordberg. This is in both track and wheel mounted plants. With Pegson being second in the track group. How much production per hour are you looking for? 1 million U.S. Will only buy you one brand new crushing unit with screen and power. TIO

Snaky

theironoracle

I prefer the track mounted but it's not a must (i'm staying in the same mountain for 10-20 year at least)
i need names of specific brands and models if possible.

Nordberg don't sell spare here, so i think my best option would be pegson .

I need Jaw + cone + screen , i'm looking for 250 tph actual final product (companies claim much higher number than reality)
something like this :
0-4 mm
4-8 mm
8-14 mm
14-22 mm

There are alot of turkish dealers here with very fast spare supplying , was wondering about their reputation in the international market.

thank you

theironoracle

Occupation
Snaky,

Metso/nordberg dealers in morocco, Egypt, Spain and Portugal. Who is the manufacturer of Turkish dealers? TIO

Snaky

Turkish manufacturers like dragon, they're getting super popular here bcs of the prices and the excellent after-sale.
They were here for few years, so no one knows about long term durability

here is dragon website
www.dragonmachinery.com

As for Metso dealers, The big problem is that you need clearance to import anything,and another one to change currency (3rd world)
very far from being practical, and takes too much time

This rules out Metso & Sandvik

breakday

Turkish manufacturers like dragon, they're getting super popular here bcs of the prices and the excellent after-sale.
They were here for few years, so no one knows about long term durability

here is dragon website
www.dragonmachinery.com

As for Metso dealers, The big problem is that you need clearance to import anything,and another one to change currency (3rd world)
very far from being practical, and takes too much time

This rules out Metso & Sandvik

Hi, Snaky, I can send some information for your reference. Can I send an email to you? Cheers!

crusherstone

Hi,my friend.Have your bought your crusher plant ? any questions about stone crushers,you can contact me,my email:frank@cmcrusher.com.thanks and have a nice day.

crusherstone

Hi,my friend.Have your bought your crusher plant ? any questions about stone crushers,you can contact me,my email:frank@cmcrusher.com.thanks and have a nice day.