• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How much can my tandem dump legally weigh in TX?

RenoHuskerDu

That's sometimes called a tri-axle in other states. If you guys can tell me how much the loaded truck can legally weigh, that would be great. The Cat Weight ticket I got from the PO is illegible. But I can get my empty weight at the quarry before loading. I'm not running it under my DOT, running it under Ag for now, but the GVWR still applies. I

IMG_3899.jpg

Last edited:

Tenwheeler

Look in the door jam first. If anyone at your IHC dealer is worth their salt give them the last 8 of the vin. They can look up the GVWR.
Then you need to check with your DMV. In Georgia without permits it is limited to about 58,000 Lbs regardless GVWR.
Consider that a tandem. Any one else consider that a triaxle? That is drive axles not to be confused with signs listing " trucks over 2 axles, 3 axles and such.

RenoHuskerDu

Found it. 16' between extreme axles gives me 48,000 so I'll load up to 47 tomorrow morning. Looks like Georgia allows more. Texas has bridge laws but I hear overweight permits are inexpensive and good for a year.

upload_2021-11-10_21-58-21.png