• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How high can it go

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Keystone XL Pipeline is not the Keystone pipeline. The Keystone Pipeline is already moving the same oil.

https://leadstories.com/hoax-alert/...using-the-gas-shortage-on-the-east-coast.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30103078

Some of the opposition side claims about Keystone XL in 2016.

https://blog.nwf.org/2011/11/the-top-10-myths-vs-facts-about-keystone-xl/

So where are pipelines shut down? Please provide the entire articles instead of screenshots so we can read the entire articles.

muddog1975

Not sure how to post the websites, tried to paste them but it didn't work. After reading on the articles about drilling permits, I do agree with you on the drilling permits... that they are available and that the fuel company's are not drilling. They are making record profits.

My point is that there are people in our government that don't want to see fuel prices lower and want us to be government dependent. They make it harder for us to be energy independent as a country. But you can't deny that fuel prices are outrageous. That we have enough resources here in our country to bring these cost down.... and not hurt the American people. Regulation restrictions and pushing green energy are some of the things they could change to help reducefuel prices.....we are just not ready/capable to be green energy independent yet. We need to stay energy independent/strong...If politicians would put the pressure on to allow fuel to be produced easyandcheaper.....but they are not in touch with reality. Middle class reality.....like when you have to decide on buying groceries or paying the electric bill. These things along with soaring fuel prices don't touch them. I will say this, and I believe it....we as Americans need to be able to unit and demand that our government works for us...and that we as Americans can find common ground through info sharing and communication.

77Ford

A completed Keystone XL would move 830,000 barrels a day, that would of had huge impact on the global oil markets that is undeniable(even if not complete the fact that is was coming would of had a huge impact to futures). The number of people who want high fossil fuel prices grows everyday, some people want to create a $5.00 minimum fuel price to help subsidize against alternate fuel options(this is even in the propaganda articles you quote).

joe--h

https://news.yahoo.com/fact-checking-biden-claim-9-170008791.html

Any "news" article that quotes CNN, Politifact and the Natural Resources Defense Council is just more propaganda.
Look at the sources at the end, White House, Remarks by President Biden, Center for Biological Diversity, Washington Post, PBS News Hour, CNN, PolitiFact, Vedant Patel, White House spokesperson, Melissa Schwartz, Department of Interior spokesperson, Josh Axelrod, National Resources Defense Council senior advocate.

Sorry, those people all have an ax to grind. A green ax with zero evil hydrocarbons.

Joe H

John C.

Occupation
So find and post a credible source for your positions.

crane operator

Can you guys just agree to disagree on this?

I don't think any amount of articles from either side of this subject- will convince anyone here to change their mind about what's going on. I have my own opinion on what's going on- but I don't need anyone else to necessarily agree with me about it. I don't mind people posting up what they think about a certain subject, I just see no possibility of either side changing someone's opinion about it.

This is a great thread about current issues, and I'd hate to see it locked by you guys getting in a political argument about it, even though the subject has political issues running through it.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
This is a great thread about current issues, and I'd hate to see it locked by you guys getting in a political argument about it, even though the subject has political issues running through it.

Thanks Crane Op. I agree it would be a shame to lock this thread and to be totally honest the name of the thread should read "How long can it go..".

Anyway political drivel back and forth posting links to this or that article in order to argue with one another over political issues is just not something we like here on HEF. Fuel prices will always have a heavy political factor to it however that's for other sites to debate.

How we as contractors and operators are dealing with the astronomically high fuel prices is a great discussion. Maybe we can focus on that?

When I was on faceplant my feed was filled with the same drivel back and forth between people who I think just did it for the sake of argument. One of the best things I ever did was delete my FP account and never look back. We Admin intend on not letting HEF turn into just another social media site that happens to talk about HE every once in a while.

So it's up to ya'll, it's just one button click to close the thread.

Last edited:

muddog1975

I agree, don't want the thread to be closed! We all have our opinions but the facts are the facts, that can't be argued. I know personally I sometimes get agitated or dont take time before i speak...lol! I do enjoy the HEF site and think it's a great site for great stories and great help through learned experience from all that contribute. I will keep my political views to myself. Let's move forward!

cosmaar1

Can you guys just agree to disagree on this?

I don't think any amount of articles from either side of this subject- will convince anyone here to change their mind about what's going on. I have my own opinion on what's going on- but I don't need anyone else to necessarily agree with me about it. I don't mind people posting up what they think about a certain subject, I just see no possibility of either side changing someone's opinion about it.

Its like the old saying…..

how much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Don.S

All i know is biden is not my president. And for some reason my fuel price in canada is 2$ a liter and i cant wait for electric machines at 6c a kwh

suladas

All i know is biden is not my president. And for some reason my fuel price in canada is 2$ a liter and i cant wait for electric machines at 6c a kwh

Well that's because you live in Canada so you have a prime minster not a president.

It's down to 1.40-1.50 here now. Electric only seems good now because fuel is high to provide subsidies to it.

Camshawn

Occupation
retired
Here On the West coast of Canada gas dropped down to to $181.9 today and diesel is $1.89 per litre. The rumour is it will drop a little more in the next few days with one of the local refineries brings a line back on stream. Cam

John C.

Occupation
I don't mind the toning things down. I do get a little irked by snide comments making it through with no basis in fact. It's how these uncivil communications have started when it wasn't challenged in the first place. Leave out that or at least support what you say so myself and others can learn from it.

colson04

Gas in town is $4.39, Diesel $5.69

I have a hard time accepting that gasoline has dropped 22%, yet diesel has only backed off 5% from its local high of $5.99. Especially since WTI has receded 25% in the same time frame.

I haven't been burning much diesel this year given most of my heavy equipment use is for personal projects. My discretionary spending has backed off considerably given the impact high fuel and food prices have had on my personal budget. I have a slip tank that was filled when diesel was under $3/gallon that is empty, or very near empty and I won't be refilling it until I have a real need to, or fuel drops considerably. I've been topping off my bobcat as I take it out to various jobs, but that's only a couple times a month. Not a huge part of my income stream.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
I agree, don't want the thread to be closed! We all have our opinions but the facts are the facts, that can't be argued. I know personally I sometimes get agitated or dont take time before i speak...lol! I do enjoy the HEF site and think it's a great site for great stories and great help through learned experience from all that contribute. I will keep my political views to myself. Let's move forward!

I don't mind the toning things down. I do get a little irked by snide comments making it through with no basis in fact. It's how these uncivil communications have started when it wasn't challenged in the first place. Leave out that or at least support what you say so myself and others can learn from it.

LAST AND FINAL WARNING.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Back to sort of the topic.

Saw my first Ford Lightening in wild yesterday. Interesting to say the least. Traffic wouldn't stop long enough to get a good pic of the rear drivetrain but it looks to be heavy aluminum independent A-arms or the motors themselves but I could be totally wrong. I don't really have any interest in one so I haven't researched them.

IMG_3201.jpeg