• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How high can it go

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
I actually don’t charge mileage. I just run a flat rate whether I’m driving or wrenching. I know most guys and dealers charge mileage but I just don’t want to be bothered to keep track of it. Plus some days my truck sits and runs if I’m using the crane or compressor and I wouldn’t even begin to know how to figure that in.

suladas

Does anyone else just get pissed off when they fuel up? It cost me $224 to fill the service truck up Monday and I'm at 1/4 tank already. I'm getting sick of this S%$#. I may have to start kicking my dog when I get home just to let out some frustration. Well, I won't kick the dog, but maybe I should start smoking pot or start drinking.

Not when I fill up as it's cardlock so I don't know how much i'm paying, but at the end of the month when I get my statement I swear more then a few times.....

One of the things that drives me crazy is the swings. 10 cents a liter one day and back. So if I had filled up one day difference I could save like $40.

suladas

Pfft! I’m having trouble finding pumps that don’t automatically shut me off at $200. I hate and I repeat HATE having to swipe my credit card twice to fill my tank.:mad:

Wasn't that long ago many pumps were $100 here, most are $200. I would swear like crazy having to do 5 transactions. Any pump that doesn't have at least a $500 option is retarded. I'm just glad with cardlock I never worry about it anymore. I don't miss the 100's of receipts at tax time either.

muddog1975

Called our fuel supplier today to get pricing on 15W40. Delo was $25 and change per gallon in a 55 gal drum.

More importantly salesman told us fuel is going up $1 a gallon here June 1. Getting both 500 gal tanks (on and off road) topped off tomorrow...
I have started having trouble finding any brand 15w-40 oils and grease( tubes)....stock up when you can

suladas

$5.69 A GALLON FOR DIESEL IN KNOXVILLE TN....$200+ to fill up my service truck....just awesome

Can you send me some of that cheap diesel? :p

1.82 per liter here right now or $6.88 per gallon.

As much as I hate the high diesel prices, i'm not really complaining. I'm super busy and bumping up rates around 5% more then covered the increases. I'd rather be busy with high fuel prices then slow with cheap diesel like in mid 2020.

muddog1975

Can you send me some of that cheap diesel? :p

1.82 per liter here right now or $6.88 per gallon.

As much as I hate the high diesel prices, i'm not really complaining. I'm super busy and bumping up rates around 5% more then covered the increases. I'd rather be busy with high fuel prices then slow with cheap diesel like in mid 2020.
LOL...Cheap diesel....it just senseless, and ment to hurt us. I'm also busy, 3 weeks to a month out for new jobs. Great problem to have!

joe--h

Cracking down on horses too.

New Zealand to price sheep and cow burps to cut greenhouse gases
The proposal would make New Zealand, a large agricultural exporter, the first country to have farmers pay for emissions from livestock, the Ministry for Environment said.
New Zealand on Wednesday released a draft plan to put a price on agricultural emissions in a bid to tackle one of the country’s biggest sources of greenhouse gases, belching sheep and cattle.

The proposal would make New Zealand, a large agricultural exporter, the first country to have farmers pay for emissions from livestock, the Ministry for Environment said.

New Zealand, home to 5 million people, has about 10 million cattle and 26 million sheep.

Nearly half its total greenhouse gas emissions come from agriculture, mainly methane, but agricultural emissions have previously been exempted from the country’s emissions trading scheme, drawing criticism of the government’s commitment to stop global warming.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...urps-emissions-cut-greenhouse-gases-rcna32481

fourwheel1

Occupation
excavating & farming
It's insane how fast rates have went up. I had a 1.99% variable mortgage and locked it in in october at 2.09%, now that rate is around 4% couldn't have timed it better. With rates jumping so high it really made sense to sell the rentals, unless you raise rent through the roof won't be making any money. I've got to assume equipment financing rates went up a ton. I've paid between 7-8% years ago I would they got to be like 10% now.
What does interest rates have to do with rental rates?? Property value usually sets rental rate... Keep them cash flowing!!

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Paid $7.90 for gas in town yesterday, little gas n go near my house was $8.30.......ugh.

Holy Smokes! Sales and use taxes must be through the roof there.

Gas has went down to $3.99 a gal. I had to look at the pump twice before it sunk in.

Gas is below $4 a gallon and I've seen diesel at $4.99. Still stupid high. The diesel prices are killing us.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Got gas for the car yesterday at $4.89. Diesel at the retail pumps is still over $6.00 a gallon.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
The diesel at $4.99 was at two small truck stops on I-65. Local station close to our yard is still $5.45. Usually the 65 truck stops are higher.

4x4ford

Occupation
aunts on the strip Currently drive a 1951 chevy pa
3.85 for gas here yesterday and using the the Phillips 66 app I can get another .25 off