• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How good are you at welding repair?

Vetech63

Got it apart. Getting it away from the machine wasn't nothing. Getting it tore down in the floor was a bitch. There isn't one dam grease zert on this entire unit. Its grease packed from the factory and they evidently don't use much as it had dried out long ago. This uses those PITA solid conical cups and cones and every one of them was rusted up...…..had to cut all of them. When I removed the unit from the machine I was expecting some kind of boss on the bolt surfaces that aligned the part to the frame. Nope. NADA, nothing...…..just a flat plate bolt-up. Ive got all new bearings coming with a couple of grease seals to try and get this back up and running late next week. BomagC.jpg Bomag1.jpg BomagB.jpg BomagA.jpg

Vetech63

Got this job finished yesterday with no issues. It was a hell of a lot easier going back together than getting apart for sure. I didn't see any need to take pictures going back together though, it was a Saturday morning and I was looking to get it done and heading home. LOL